We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pattaya to Sihanoukville travel

Which Sihanoukville hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Keswick, United...
Level Contributor
2,424 posts
Save Topic
Pattaya to Sihanoukville travel

Looking for travel options from Pattaya to Sihanoukville in mid September. Also decent mid range hotel recomendations would be welcome. Been to both PP and SR so kinda know what to expect.

Thanks

Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Level Contributor
167 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Pattaya to Sihanoukville travel

Bus to Trat, ( from Chomburi at 10:30) Mini van to border, bus (next morning) to Snuk'ville from Ko Khong.

The Dug Out is a decent place in Ko Khong, The Mariner (Victory Hill) is my choice when in Snuk'ville

Keswick, United...
Level Contributor
2,424 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Pattaya to Sihanoukville travel

So it is not possible to do it in 1 day?

How is Koh Kong for a night out?

Thanks

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Bangkok, Air Travel, Thailand
Level Contributor
15,466 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pattaya to Sihanoukville travel

HI,

I've done the Bangkok to PP on a same-day basis, but know that you can also do substantially the same to Snuk'ville.. I've found that the best way is the take the last evening overnight bus from heading east to Trat.. You'll sleep most of the way to Trat and it's pitch dark outside anyway.. You arrive at the new Trat bus station very, very early in the morning..

Given your early morning arrival, you'll be able to catch the first of the mini-vans which I recall leaves the new Trat bus station at around 05:00 and gets you to the border at around :90 later or at about 06:30 or so.. The border actually open about :30 later at 07:00... There are some small shops where you can load up on last minute supplies or have a quick bite to eat before crossing.

You can then cross the border when it first opens and have the ability to catch any of the first morning departures for onward inland points.

When I do the same-day BKK-PP run, I usually arrive in PP at around 13:00 or so.. About a 14:00 hour total trip time.

In my opinion, there isn't a whole lot in KK to make me *want* to spend a night there, but it's not a "hell hole" either.. In KK proper there are a few good smaller sized hotels that you can stay at for around US$20 or less, several decent restaurants and bars/nightclubs as well-- so you do have options there and aren't stuck, but as a whole, there's not a whole lot to KK as a town for the tourist.

Travel Safe,

sydney,australia
Level Contributor
193 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pattaya to Sihanoukville travel

a couple of replys cover very well the bus to sihanoukville. for accommodation i recommend the PONLEU REAS THMEY HOTEL at st 23 tola (ochheuteal beach) $20-30. this new modern cambodian run hotel lacks a restaurant or swimming pool but is only 40 metres fromn "cinderella" cafe on way to the "beach ?" also 80 metres from the golden lions restaurant area . circular walk brings you back to new mini mart,internet cafe and cinderellas...$2 from bus depot if you bargain for tuk tuk....

5. Re: Pattaya to Sihanoukville travel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, November 11, 2010