We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Yosemite High Country

Which June Lake hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Owings Mills...
Level Contributor
44 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Yosemite High Country

hi All,

I was having a question regarding accommodation in the high country... I am looking at Double Eagle or Reverse Creek Lodge? We are a couple and won't be spending too much time at the room though.

Also, is staying near June lake good as a base camp to explore high country? Are there some restaurants in the area? We would be there for 2 nights i.e. 10/8 thru 10/10.

Uden, The...
Level Contributor
60,942 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Yosemite High Country

If you want to explore Eastern Sierras it makes a good base. For Yosemite I'd stay closer to it.

Owings Mills...
Level Contributor
44 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Yosemite High Country

I am staying two days in the valley and two days in the sierras. Should be good I suppose then :)

How are the fall colors near June Lake?

Uden, The...
Level Contributor
60,942 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Yosemite High Country

Last time we stayed in that area (Bishop) was a little later in october and fall colors along Tioga Rd down to Lee Vining and at Devils Postpile were great.

Redlands, California
Level Contributor
5,116 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Yosemite High Country

June Lake is not a bad drive at all to the eastern entrance of the Park, I've done it several times--what I mean is, it isn't more than 40 minutes and it is a gorgeous drive. There are some restaurants in June Lake town and just outside, mostly pretty casual although the Double Eagle is supposed to be fancier--I wasn't impressed with my one dining experience though, so I prefer to self-cater (I stay in a place with a kitchenette). But I prefer DIY meals to "ordinary" restaurant meals; it isn't as if the meal I had in a restaurant was bad.

Owings Mills...
Level Contributor
44 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Yosemite High Country

I booked two nights in a cabin at the Reverse Creek Lodge. My last day I would be driving from there to SFO for catching the red-eye back to Baltimore.

Uden, The...
Level Contributor
60,942 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Yosemite High Country

Don't miss a visit to Bodie Ghosttown north of Lee Vining. Maybe do that between Yosemite and June Lake. Count on 3 hours from Lee Vining to Bodie and back with a Bodie visit. Views of Mono Lake on that route on a sunny day are gorgeous. And don't miss the tufas at Mono Lake. You prob won't have time for Bodie on the drive back to SF.

7. Re: Yosemite High Country

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:18 am, August 04, 2016