We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rude owners not at the Villager!!!

June Lake...
4 posts
Save Topic
Rude owners not at the Villager!!!

I live here in June and know the owner and staff of the Villager. I want to assure everyone that they are quite friendly!

The comments about the hotels that don't allow pets seems to be in the wrong place because the Villager allows pets.

Most hotels don't allow pets for a simple reason, there is very little room for dog walking and many people don't clean up after their pets. This can turn into an irate complaint from a guest who may discover a doggy gift on their shoe. I guess this explains the short temper, but it's not very professional.

Fremont, California
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
28,420 posts
6,007 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rude owners not at the Villager!!!

Having visited June Lake since I was about 6 months old (on a yearly if not 2 to 3 times or more a year) I would say this is one of the true "gems" for a mountain community in June Lake. The people there are very nice; super friendly; and like where they live.

Its always a fun place to stay!

The key thing is that there are some "city slickers" (excuse the expression) who come for a day or two and who forget the main thing about June Lake is to enjoy the Great Outdoors! and to be polite and wonderful! to all. As long as you go with that spirit, the place will "give back" to you millions time over. IF on the other hand you go there to act like a "city Person" then June Lake will definitely not be the place you'd like to go. The people are all very nice there; just continue up Highway 395 to Reno area.

Fremont, California
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
28,420 posts
6,007 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rude owners not at the Villager!!!

Having visited June Lake since I was about 6 months old (on a yearly if not 2 to 3 times or more a year) I would say this is one of the true "gems" for a mountain community in June Lake. The people there are very nice; super friendly; and like where they live.

Its always a fun place to stay!

The key thing is that there are some "city slickers" (excuse the expression) who come for a day or two and who forget the main thing about June Lake is to enjoy the Great Outdoors! and to be polite and wonderful! to all. As long as you go with that spirit, the place will "give back" to you millions time over. IF on the other hand you go there to act like a "city Person" then June Lake will definitely not be the place you'd like to go. The people are all very nice there; just continue up Highway 395 to Reno area.