We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grocery store stop from Reno Airport to June Lake

Which June Lake hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
91 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
Grocery store stop from Reno Airport to June Lake

Hello - later this month we will be arriving into Reno Airport and then driving down to June Lake, CA for a family event. Two adults, two kids and we will need groceries for a week in our condo. Can locals give some recommendations for places within 30 mins of June Lake to stop for groceries that are not just health food/general stores? At this point I'm not sure yet whether we will stop on our way in or just go to the condo and then venture out the next morning for groceries, in which case, Mammoth would be an option as well (but I'm guessing there aren't many inexpensive stores there!)

Thanks for any advice.

Amery

11 replies to this topic
June Lake...
Level Contributor
4 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Grocery store stop from Reno Airport to June Lake

The previous posts are correct; I live in June Lake and when I travel to the North I stop at the Raley's at the south end of Gardnerville on the way home. There are also two other markets in the same center as well: Scolari's and Smith's, but Raley's is the nicest. All of the stores further south in Mono County are smaller and privately owned except for the Von's in Mammoth Lakes. It's two hours from Gardnerville to June Lake. June Lake's General Store is convenient once you are here, but of course the selection is more limited and prices are higher. The Mammoth Lakes Von's, a half-hour beyond June Lake from Reno, is the highest-priced Von's store in California, and usually crowded.

Edited: 12:15 am, August 15, 2012
Reply to: Grocery store stop from Reno Airport to June Lake
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted