We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Swimming

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Swimming

Hi..I am headed to Irvine for business for a week in August. I am looking for pools (25 yds or 50 meters) where I can swim laps. Does anyone have any recommendations? Thanks!

Los Angeles
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
Level Contributor
15,783 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Swimming

There's a huge pool over at UC Irvine - I'd probably start there and see if its open to the general public at all.

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
52,974 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Swimming

I always use the US Masters Swimming website to find pools when I travel.

http://tinyurl.com/kpg2z6h

The way they are grouped is odd, but depending on where you are in Irvine, the best ones mentioned are UCI, the William J Woollett complex at Irvine High (2 50 meter pools), Tustin High, Newport Harbor High and one curiously not mentioned, Corona del Mar High School.

Here is the city rec schedule for CdM, but I know there are different hours for the masters program.

www.newportbeachca.gov/index.aspx?page=1826

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Swimming

Thanks! I will check out those options. The US Masters website looks like a great resource.

Irvine, California
Level Contributor
59 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Swimming

Irvine has a swim stadium with public hours in Heritage park of Walnut between Culver and Yale.

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
52,974 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Swimming

>>>Irvine has a swim stadium with public hours in Heritage park of Walnut between Culver and Yale.<<<

Ummm, yes, that would be the aforementioned William J Woollett Complex and the OP has already been here and gone.

Virginia
Level Contributor
180 posts
245 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Swimming

The Woollett Complex will be busy hosting two big swim meets at the end of July and early August, so that may not be an option for you.

LA
Level Contributor
10,036 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Swimming

uh, 4va2000

OP was there a year ago, is long gone by now

2 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Swimming

You do know sometimes people do check old listings as not to ask same question and no need to sign in.

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
52,974 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Swimming

>>>You do know sometimes people do check old listings as not to ask same question and no need to sign in.<<<

But not when someone reopens an old topic to post irrelevant information about swim meets at Woollett in August of 2014 when the OP was here in August 2013, it best to let old topics expire.

This topic won't close until August 2015, when it should be closed already.

Irvine, California
Level Contributor
59 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Swimming

I do believe that August swim meet could be relevant. It would mean the place will not be available to casual swimmer.