We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hyatt Grand Champions now charging $10/nt for self-parking

San Fernando...
Level Contributor
918 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Hyatt Grand Champions now charging $10/nt for self-parking

Formerly complimentary. I still like this place, though.

california
Level Contributor
11,773 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hyatt Grand Champions now charging $10/nt for self-parking

How did they know you were self parking? I was there in June but didn't get dinged.

A lot of locals use the gym, I'm pretty sure they aren't paying to park over there.

San Fernando...
Level Contributor
918 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hyatt Grand Champions now charging $10/nt for self-parking

I haven't been there recently, but it's now on their website. I think it started in July.

california
Level Contributor
11,773 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hyatt Grand Champions now charging $10/nt for self-parking

I looked thru the recent hotel reviews and saw a complaint about the fee around the July 4 weekend. But none in more recent views even the Priceline guests (like me) who love to complain about everything. Maybe they are not yet enforcing it consistently, at least here is hoping.

But thanks for the warning. I'm sure during high season they will do this more consistently.

Manhattan Beach...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Redondo Beach, Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach
Level Contributor
20,615 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hyatt Grand Champions now charging $10/nt for self-parking

I saw on their web site they now charge:

$25 a day for overnight valet parking

$10 for self parking overnight

$7.00 for daily valet parking.

The "Resort Fee" used to include the parking. I wonder what it includes now? The $7 valet fee must be for people using the restaurants or spa for a few hours.

…hyatt.com/hyatt/…index.jsp

San Diego...
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Hyatt Grand Champions now charging $10/nt for self-parking

Yeah, we got the charge too. Total surprise until we saw it on the bill. Not sure if it was visibly posted or we just missed it.

laguna niguel, ca
Level Contributor
7,324 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hyatt Grand Champions now charging $10/nt for self-parking

I don't know if they do hot wire or priceline, but I noticed a lot of the places that do the discount sites add in big parking and "resort" fees. Sometimes its pretty bad, room for $69 and $35 to park

7. Re: Hyatt Grand Champions now charging $10/nt for self-parking

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, February 22, 2010