We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Western Regency Huntington Beach Ca

Hamilton, Canada
Level Contributor
25 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Best Western Regency Huntington Beach Ca

Can anyone share any information on the Best Western Regency in Huntington Beach. Is this a safe area? Is it convenient to restaurants and near the pier? Any information would be appreciated.

Hamilton, Canada
Level Contributor
25 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Best Western Regency Huntington Beach Ca

I looked at the Ayres in Fountain Valley $180. I also looked at Ayres Hotels in Costa Mesa / Newport- there was a special $148... Safe area, clean, .... is important to us.

12. Re: Best Western Regency Huntington Beach Ca

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 4:48 pm, December 28, 2013
Edited: 4:48 pm, December 28, 2013
Huntington Beach...
Destination Expert
for Huntington Beach, Newport Beach, Laguna Beach
Level Contributor
6,345 posts
180 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Best Western Regency Huntington Beach Ca

Ayres Costa Mesa/Newport is actually RIGHT under the take off and landing path of the airport. It sits directly at the end of the runway. It is surrounded by some other airport motels and offices.

It wouldn't be my choice. I'd go for Ayres Fountain Valley or the Courtyard Marriott Fountain Valley. marriott.com/hotels/…

Also, I would take free breakfast out of your criteria as that is not as common here as it is in Canada and breakfast is an inexpensive item. Make sure that you plug in any special rate categories you may qualify for, such as Auto Club, Senior, etc.

Hamilton, Canada
Level Contributor
25 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Best Western Regency Huntington Beach Ca

I have spent a lot of time trying to read about good areas to stay and still have not found a place. I have a one question about the Ayres hotel in Manhatten Beach Ca., Is this hotel in a good area and its it convenient to restaurants, etc?

Huntington Beach...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
6,345 posts
180 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Best Western Regency Huntington Beach Ca

https://maps.google.com/maps?ie=UTF-8&q=Ayres+Hotel+Manhattan+Beach/Hawthorne&fb=1&gl=us&hq=Ayres+hotel&hnear=0x80c2b3c5e2b0632f:0x70351d4f4154520,Manhattan+Beach,+CA&cid=15096672799223014826&ei=0Xq_Ut_wNNDaoASGs4CwCw&ved=0CMQBEPwSKAAwCg

Cut and paste the above into your browser. The Ayres Manhatten Beach is not near restaurants or tourist areas. It is near the freeway, factories, and the airport (LAX). It serves business visitors to the nearby industries. It is 30 miles from Huntington Beach in Los Angeles County.

If you are coming for a vacation, you will not enjoy staying in an industrial area. We are trying to help you but there is such a thing as a false economy. If you change your travel time to one week earlier you can easily meet your budget. For the week preceding our July 4 holiday, beach accommodations will be at a premium.

Huntington Beach
Destination Expert
for Huntington Beach
Level Contributor
1,429 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Best Western Regency Huntington Beach Ca

Yes~ We are trying to help you. Changing your date would be a good start. If you cannot, then something will have to be sacrificed. We have laid it all out there for you to choose carefully. Only you can determine what you will be happy with. Possibly, not staying in HB might be another option for you.

ps~ Cats.....I believe Ayers Hotel opened up for business Monday 12/23.

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
53,472 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Best Western Regency Huntington Beach Ca

Man Cats.... we really need to turn you on to TinyURL!

Here is your link in TinyURL - http://tinyurl.com/pzvvq4d

And here is the TinyURL website - http://tinyurl.com

The Ayres Manhattan Beach is a very nice hotel, but it is right next to a freeway. Other hotels to look at very close to it, but a bit further west are the TownePlace Suites Los Angeles LAX/Manhattan Beach and the SpringHill Suites Los Angeles LAX/Manhattan Beach. They are both Marriott hotel brands.

Part of the problem you are running into is the dates of your travel. It is prime time summer and leading into the July 4th Holiday.

I looked at some of the inexpensive hotels in Laguna Beach and they were even higher than I've seen them.

There is also an Ayres Inn in Laguna Hills and a very nice, boutique motel called the Laguna Hills Lodge that had reasonable rates.

http://www.lagunahillslodge.com/

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
53,472 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Best Western Regency Huntington Beach Ca

Oh..... and to answer the question about restaurants near the Ayres Manhattan Beach, yes, to the west there are some nice restaurants within a mile and even more within two miles (to the west), but right around the hotel, within 200 yards or so are mostly fast food restaurants.

Huntington Beach...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
6,345 posts
180 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Best Western Regency Huntington Beach Ca

I know tinyurl scott. I've used it before. I was just having a problem with it and was time pinched tonight.

Actually, I think the OP has found some pretty good prices for her time period. Trying to get a better price will probably result in a bad property or bad location.

The difference in price during a holiday week can be significant. The Marriot Courtyard in Fountain Valley is advertising a $119 rate for non-peak periods. For the OP's dates -- $189.

20. Re: Best Western Regency Huntington Beach Ca

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, December 31, 2014