We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best places to eat

Level Contributor
860 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Best places to eat

Just looking for some advice on the best restaurants in Hermosa/Manhattan? Don't want super fancy, maybe just something fun or different.

8 replies to this topic
Manhattan Beach...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Redondo Beach, Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach
Level Contributor
20,371 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best places to eat

I know you tried some of the MB restaurants your last visit to Manhattan Beach. Did you go to Islands Restaurant at the Village Mall with your daughters, next to Macy's? Great burgers and fries in surf setting. Also CA Pizza Kitchen is right there, and Tin Roof, outside on the Patio next to the fountain is nice.

How about Big Wok in MB where you put all the ingredients into a bowl and they cook it for you. Fortune cookie at the end of your meal.

In HB we like Hennessy's on the beach on Pier Ave. They have a rooftop deck.

Duxbury...
Level Contributor
349 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best places to eat

Mediterraneo on the Pier is a tapas place- excellent tapas and a casual atmosphere but more upscale than the other eateries on the pier which tend to be pub food.If you bring your own wine from Uncorked- a few blocks up Pier Ave- there is not corkage fee.

Santa Clara...
Level Contributor
20,733 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best places to eat

How about Versailles on PCH for cuban food? I don't think it's as good as the one on Venice but still good.

Southern California
Level Contributor
13,391 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Best places to eat

If it is still there we always loved the Bottle Inn in Hermosa Beach. Tough to find parking though and you need reservations.

Santa Clara...
Level Contributor
20,733 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best places to eat

If you are willing to drive a little further south on PCH/Sepulveda to Torrance and Lomita, lots of very good Japanese and Asian options. Musa on Torrance Blvd is a izakaya/Japanese small plate tapas place. Numerous ramen joints. King Hawaiian on Sepulveda.

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
53,472 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best places to eat

Yo peeps.... old topic from July. I think the OP has come and gone :)

Santa Clara...
Level Contributor
20,733 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best places to eat

Doh! Zombies attack. Well in case anyone is going to the South Bay.

San Jose, California
Level Contributor
341 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best places to eat

Thanks to this post I went to Mediterraneo last night. Good food. Thought it was fun to stop at Uncorked to pick out a couple bottles first. And yes, corkage fee was waved.

Reply to: Best places to eat
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Hermosa Beach