We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Things to do within walking distance

Fresno, CA
Destination Expert
for Fresno
Level Contributor
1,626 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Things to do within walking distance

We are renting a house at 16 The Strand and need help with places to eat and go that are within walking distance. Restaurants, bars/nightclub and shopping for a group of 40 something women. We are looking to have a relaxing weekend which means I don't want to do alot of driving! Chill at the beach.

Manhattan Beach...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Redondo Beach, Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach
Level Contributor
20,371 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Things to do within walking distance

How nice to be renting a house on The Strand. You are right at the border of Hermosa and Redondo Beach.

The Chart House is in walking distance and located right on the sand, about a block from where you are staying on the Redondo side, to the south. Another few blocks is my favorite, Bluewater Grill, and farther down is a Cheesecake Factory. If you turn into Portofino Way, Baleen Restaurant and Bar at the Portofino Hotel is quite good.

About a mile to the north on Pier Ave. is the Hermosa Plaza. Here you will find Hennessey's, Mermaid, Patrick Mollouy's, Sangria, to name a few. Lots of boutique shops around town. A younger 20's crowd comes out at 9 PM.

Manhattan Beach is a few miles to the north, but not quite as inundated with college kids. Also lots of shops and restaurants to choose from.

Let me know if you have any questions.

2. Re: Things to do within walking distance

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:22 am, March 09, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Hermosa Beach