We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Healdsburg Wedding

Which Healdsburg hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Columbus, OH
5 posts
Save Topic
Healdsburg Wedding

Hello!

I am planning a destination wedding in Healdsburg for this May and am looking for a few recommendations. We are getting married at Madrona Manor, but it is not large enough (not to mention a little to expensive for our all of our guests). Could someone recommend an affordable hotel that is close to Madrona? I am also looking for a reputable wine tour company that provides transportation to the local wineries for my guests. There will probably be a group of 25 people. I am not familiar with that area of Sonoma and would love some advice!

Thank you!

Forestville...
Destination Expert
for Sonoma
Level Contributor
4,819 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Healdsburg Wedding

For convenient and affordable lodging consider Dry Creek Inn (www.drycreekinn.com) which is loc'd just a few min's east of Madrona Manor, on the outskirts of Healdsburg. It's part of the Best Western chain and is a nicer version than most Best Westerns (which can be pretty utilitarian). They are also in the process of completing a new addition with more upscale rooms but it won't be done till sometime this Spring--so be sure to ask about this as you won't want your guests bothered by construction noise. Also ask your wedding coordinator at Madrona for additional suggestions since the inns and hotels oftentimes have established relationships with others in the area and may even be able to provide some special rates or arrangements. www.healdsburg.com is a good site to research lodging as well.

For some good tour recommendations inc. wineries/wine tasting go to: www.wineroad.com/moretodo/tours.asp. ("Wine Road" is a local association of wineries and other businesses). There are several tour co's in particular that I think you may be interested in: Healdsburg Area Winery Tours, Sonoma Wine Tours, Wine Country Safari--all local groups. Also, Big Red Engine is a very unique tour via antique fire engine and is based not far north of Healdsburg, in the little town of Geyserville. Beau Tours is a larger outfit, but they have a very good reputation.

Louisville, Kentucky
Destination Expert
for Louisville
Level Contributor
1,922 posts
276 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Healdsburg Wedding

First, congrats! Wow...maybe I can renew my vows there, lol. We stayed at the Dry Creek Inn last year. My review is posted here. It wasn't fancy, but the location was fine for winery hopping. They had a friendly staff as well. I would check about the renovation because a few posters here have complained about the noise. I imagine by May it may be finished. The "continental" breakfast is pretty measly...a couple cereals, bagels and doughnuts. I suggest guests go to Center Street Cafe for a hearty breakfast before a day of wine tasting. Very important. There are other cheaper motels and hotels in town, but they get very bad reviews!

Another option is 8 miles north in Geyserville, the Geyserville Inn. Very nice property for the money.

Columbus, OH
5 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Healdsburg Wedding

Thank you for your help!! I couldn't find a hotel to accommodate prices ranges and all of our guests, but I was able to rent two homes from winecountrylodges.com for all of my guests.

Thanks again!!

Columbus, OH
5 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Healdsburg Wedding

Thank you for your help!! I couldn't find a hotel to accommodate prices ranges and all of our guests, but I was able to rent two homes from winecountrylodges.com for all of my guests.

Thanks again!!

5. Re: Healdsburg Wedding

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:26 am, August 28, 2009