We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Casual restaurants in Healdsburg?

Dunedin, New Zealand
Level Contributor
157 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Casual restaurants in Healdsburg?

My husband and I are staying in Healdsburg in June for the Sonoma Valley portion of our San Francisco/Wine Country trip.

Fremont, California
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
26,795 posts
5,785 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Casual restaurants in Healdsburg?

First, if you're a local, dress up is a long sleeve shirt and your dress jeans; nice pair of shoes or dress boots. So, just keep that in mind while packing.....

About a 45 minue drive from Healdsburg in the Redwwods is Union Hotel....great casual restaurant to go to.

http://www.unionhotel.com/

For lunch,

Costeaux French Bakery

417 Healdsburg Avenue

707/433-1913

Manzanita or Zin are worth a look.

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
705 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Casual restaurants in Healdsburg?

I enjoyed Willi's. Sort of upscale brewpub type food. Excellent oysters - fun spot since food is mostly meant to be shared dishes.

I also ate at Cyrus - excellent but not casual.

Even in Cyrus - I suspect one of the dressier spots in town there were some formally dressed people and others in khakis & tropical shirts.

Forestville...
Destination Expert
for Sonoma
Level Contributor
4,829 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Casual restaurants in Healdsburg?

Mini is right that you'll feel comfortable in nice jeans and shirt virtually everywhere in Healdsburg, with the possible exceptions of Cyrus and Madrona Manor, but even Cyrus has a bar menu where you can sample some of their wonderful cuisine in a casual atmosphere. As a rule, the earlier you dine, the more casually dressed are the diners. From 8pm on, particularly wkends, people tend to dress up more. In-town Healdsburg, you'll have a large array of very casual places to dine or buy picnic items, inc: Center Street Cafe and Deli (304 Center), Oakville Grocery (124 Matheson), Costeaux French Bakery ( 417 Healdsburg Ave.), Ravenous Cafe (420 Center St.), Bear Republic Brewing Co. (345 Healdsburg Ave.), Lotus Thai Restaurant (109 Plaza St.), diVine Pizza (1051 Vine St.), and Bovolo Cafe (106 Matheson St.) in the Plaza Farms building (which is a neat place where you can also taste wine and buy local products). I've also heard that Fitch Mountain Eddie's (1301 Headsburg Ave.) is a great spot for breakfast or lunch if you like good, basic comfort food. Maj has already mentioned one of my top favorites for a casual lunch or dinner: Willi's Seafood at 403 Healdsburg Ave. No reserv's, you just drop by. I actually like dining inside as it tends to be quieter and the artistic decor is wonderful. For most people tho', the front sidewalk patio area remains the very popular choice.

4. Re: Casual restaurants in Healdsburg?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:19 pm, August 14, 2009