We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where can I Recycle wine shipping boxes

Santa Rosa...
1 post
Save Topic
Where can I Recycle wine shipping boxes

I would like to find somewhere to take my wine shipping boxes. I belong to a few wine clubs and I hate to break down perfectly good boxes and inserts.

Woodside...
Level Contributor
88 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where can I Recycle wine shipping boxes

good idea!! I am almost not wanting to do anymore wine clubs that have the Styrofoam inserts!! what a horrible waste.

Raleigh, North...
Level Contributor
640 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where can I Recycle wine shipping boxes

I take them to local wine shops. They use them for storage or shipping large orders. On occasion we've been offered free admission to tastings at the shop in trade.

Raleigh, North...
Level Contributor
640 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where can I Recycle wine shipping boxes

Nannette, since you are local to the area the shippers may not be as valuable to wine shops are they are here on the East Coast. Another idea would be to ask local artists if they would have a use for them...we have a local artist co-op here where folks take just about any clean useable items you can imagine ( from yarn and fabric scraps to plastic containers like those for margarine to old photgraphs) and then the stuff is sold ( really cheap) in bulk to individuals or teachers or whomever may need what they have.

Perhaps there is something similar there.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
4,532 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where can I Recycle wine shipping boxes

Check with your local food bank. My local food bank uses sturdy cardboard wine boxes to store donated food items. Because the boxes are a standard size, they're easily stacked in a warehouse.

San Francisco, Ca
Level Contributor
17,029 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where can I Recycle wine shipping boxes

Also check a hotel in the area... I'll bet guests ask about packing wine for shipping or luggage all the time. Check with the concierge desk.

So. Cal
Level Contributor
1,160 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where can I Recycle wine shipping boxes

Ironically, we were recently at a wine tasting room and someone came in asking if they had a shipping box. They didn't and recommended Fed Ex. My guess is you'll have success dropping them off at any wine tasting room.

Anchorage, Alaska
Level Contributor
1 post
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where can I Recycle wine shipping boxes

I am looking for wooden wine crates. If you are referring to the wooden ones, I would love to take them off your hands :)

Singapore, Singapore
1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: Where can I Recycle wine shipping boxes

Hi. Can i have some of the wine boxes that you would like to recycle?

Atlanta, Georgia
1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: Where can I Recycle wine shipping boxes

do you still need them? I have 12-slot 750 ml & 6-slot 1.5L. Let me know.

10. Re: Where can I Recycle wine shipping boxes

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, July 04, 2014