We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wine and Food Affair -Worth It

New Jersey
Level Contributor
10 posts
211 reviews
Save Topic
Wine and Food Affair -Worth It

Planning trip to Wine Country. Is Wine and Food Affair worth it or is it going to be too crowded to relax and enjoy trip. Traveling with two other couples and renting limo. Noticed most wineries don't even allow the limos at this event. Any help would really be appreciated. Coming from East Coast so we can reschedule trip if need be.

united states
Level Contributor
1,258 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wine and Food Affair -Worth It

I don't think I would re-schedule your trip, but maybe re-think your tactic for the event. Try contacting one of the designated driver companies to see about hiring someone to drive your vehicle for the event...Bee Driven is the one I've heard most about, but I know there are others.

That always falls on an inconvenient weekend for us, but those who I know that have been absolutely love the event. I think that the "foodies" appreciate it the most as there is always something new to learn in the prep/pairing department.

And don't forget that Sonoma County is enormous so there is still lots of territory to explore outside the boundary of the event, so you can still keep the driver and see what the more southern part has to offer ( which is quite a bit)

Healdsburg, CA
Level Contributor
476 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wine and Food Affair -Worth It

It is a great event because the wineries really do a great job with the food, and the food is generally prepared by local restaurants and chefs, so you get to experience a lot of stuff from the area. The wineries that don't allow Limos are generally due to their parking configuration, and it just is not feasible to have a limo pull into an already full parking lot. It also is so the wineries don't get overwhelmed with a huge group coming in at once, but you're not too large of a group so it should be fine.

If you are looking for more time with wine makers or staff, this may not be a great weekend for you because the staff will be busier than usual, but it is a great way to try a lot of types of wine and food. There are wineries that do not participate, so if you do keep this weekend, you will be able to wine taste and avoid the event.

Innkeeper Mandie

Honor Mansion

3. Re: Wine and Food Affair -Worth It

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 pm, October 07, 2012