We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wine Tasting Day Advice!!

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
43 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Wine Tasting Day Advice!!

My boyfriend and I will be spending a day in Healdsburg. We are big red lovers- any big, bold zin or cab, please throw my way:) We are spending a day (possibly two) in Healdsburg and had made a rough itinerary of wineries to visit. However, it seems like we have too many for us to really sit back, relax and enjoy the scenery (and vino!). We are looking for the best reds, with the most amazing atmosphere/scenery mix...Any advice you could give on which to possibly throw out (or others to add in!), please do tell. Here is what we were thinking:

Hanna

Robert Young

Ferrari Carano

Mauritson

Mazzacco

Wilson

Seghesio

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
43 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Wine Tasting Day Advice!!

Well with all of your replies (thank you!!) I now am doing the shuffle between the Alexander Valley area or the Dry Creek area. What do you think fits my bill better?

Mauritson, Seghesio, Ferrari and Wilson

or

Robert Young, Stryker, Hanna and Hawkes

If only I had several days to spend in Sonoma:)

united states
Level Contributor
1,258 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Wine Tasting Day Advice!!

Didn't you say that there was a potential for 2 days in your original post? You could make a day of each of those itineraries and be well set to accompish all goals- great wines, not too rushed.

The first would be closer to Healdsburg so if you only have one day I guess I'd pick that one, but if you can swing 2, then you're made in the shade.

13. Re: Wine Tasting Day Advice!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, November 13, 2010