We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

One kid-free Girls' getaway, what to do

San Francisco
5 posts
1 review
Save Topic
One kid-free Girls' getaway, what to do

Four ladies and 24 hours in the Santa Rosa area in late October. We're leaving SF Sat night, dinner and hotel in Santa Rosa. We have all day Sunday open and are looking for ideas for a 1 day excursion, but we have to be back in SF by 7pm Sunday night.

We've ruled out the spa as using up too much time, but are open to shopping, eating, wine tasting, hiking/nature, etc. Is Healdsburg or Guerneville better for strolling/lunch/browsing? Any good hour to 2 hour hikes anyone can recommend?

Thanks!

Level Contributor
35,920 posts
904 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: One kid-free Girls' getaway, what to do

I would go to Healdsburg and walk around the Plaza. There are several very nice tasting rooms around the square. We loved our time at Kendall-Jackson. Willi's Seafood and Raw Bar would be a nice place for a meal, Dry Creek Kitchen is also very good. If you want a splurge, Cyrus is in Healdsburg, one of the finest restaurants in the wine country.

I hope you have a great time and report back with us after your trip! :)

Healdsburg, CA
Level Contributor
476 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: One kid-free Girls' getaway, what to do

Healdsburg will be a great stop for the four of you; lots of great shopping, tasting rooms, galleries and restaurants to choose from. WIlli's Seafood is a great place for lunch. I would also highly recommend heading to Seghesio Winery, just outside the square, for their food and wine pairing that they do only on weekends.

In Santa Rosa, Syrah is a great restuarant for dinner in railroad square if you haven't already made your plans.

Innkeeper Mandie

Honor Mansion

Napa
Level Contributor
2,485 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: One kid-free Girls' getaway, what to do

If hiking is what you like, I'd go to the Armstrong Redwoods, then plan some wine tasting and lunch around that. If you HAVE to be in SF by 7 pm, best to leave by 4:30 due to much traffic on 101! The good news is you can use the commuter lane when there is one!

4. Re: One kid-free Girls' getaway, what to do

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, April 14, 2010