We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

From sfo

Which Healdsburg hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Buffalo, New York
Level Contributor
49 posts
1 review
Save Topic
From sfo

Hello...my husband and I will be spending a week at a private home in Healdsburg and while there we will have access to a car and will be getting a ride back into the city before returning home.

I've looked into renting a car one way, just for the day, from SFO to Sonoma but it was crazy expensive. Same thing with a private limo service. A week long rental is the least expensive option I've found thus far....any other thoughts/suggestions?

Thank you!

Healdsburg, CA
Level Contributor
476 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: From sfo

The Sonoma County Airporter, http://www.airportexpressinc.com/home.html, picks up at SFO and will take you as far North as the Santa Rosa Airport for $32 per person, about 10-15 minutes South of Healdsburg. From there, depending on where you are going in Healdsburg, you could possibly take a cab, or possibly a Limo pick up.

Hopefully this helps you a little!

Innkeeper Mandie

Honor Mansion

Santa Cruz...
Destination Expert
for Santa Cruz
Level Contributor
31,587 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: From sfo

There is "airporter" bus service from SFO to Sonoma County.

It does not go as far as Healdsburg, but does go to Santa Rosa and also the Santa Rosa airport. Santa Rosa is 15 miles from Healdsburg and the Sonoma County airport is about half that distance.

I would suggest that you look into taking the 'airporter' to the Sonoma County airport and then a taxi to your rental in Healdsburg.

Otherwise, I don't know of any public transportation which would work or would not be a huge hassle schedule wise.

Here is the website for the airporter, with a schedule.

Wait a minute, there is public transit from Santa Rosa to Healdsburg....here is the schedule, etc. You would need to be at the Santa Rosa transit center to catch one of these buses.

www.sctransit.com/htmlschd/062809/60.htm

I think I would just opt for the taxi...but....check it out, and good luck.

airportexpressinc.com/schedule_sfo_soco.html

Santa Cruz...
Destination Expert
for Santa Cruz
Level Contributor
31,587 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: From sfo

Sorry, the link for the airporter is at the bottom of my message instead of where it belongs.

Buffalo, New York
Level Contributor
49 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: From sfo

Oh my gosh...that will work out perfectly. Thank you so much for the info, innkeepermandie & puter!

5. Re: From sfo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, February 08, 2010