We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need 4 great restaurant suggestions for Healdsburg

Bluffton, South...
Level Contributor
965 posts
99 reviews
Save Topic
Need 4 great restaurant suggestions for Healdsburg

Coming to Healdsburg in 2 weeks w/ hubby. We are staying at the Honor Mansion. Looking for 4 great restaurants for dinner. We like all kinds of food.

We would like to do one romantic dinner and then the rest fun atmosphere with great food.

Is Cyrus really worth the money? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Bluffton, South...
Level Contributor
965 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need 4 great restaurant suggestions for Healdsburg

Just checked Cyrus and they have no availability for the nights that we are going.

Any other suggestions for romantic dinners and other great restaurants?

Forestville...
Destination Expert
for Sonoma
Level Contributor
4,834 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need 4 great restaurant suggestions for Healdsburg

Too bad there's no availability at Cyrus as it's an exquisite and incomparable dining adventure. Did you phone as well as check online? You may be able to get a last-minute reservation for 5:30pm (I think that's when they open for dinner), but you'd need to call them. Madrona Manor has a romantic and excellent restaurant. Cena Luna downtown Healdsburg can be romantic if you dine early before the restaurant becomes too crowded; ditto for Dry Creek Kitchen at the Hotel Healdsburg. You might also want to consider the Farmhouse Inn near Forestville for a romantic dinner. Other great restaurants in-town Healdsburg are: Zin, Bistro Ralph, Manzanita and Willi's Seafood and Raw Bar. I'm sure others will chime in with additional favorites.

Level Contributor
36,321 posts
907 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need 4 great restaurant suggestions for Healdsburg

We were very lucky to snag a reservation at Cyrus on a Sat. night during barrel tasting weekend last month. This was our second time here and we totally loved our experience there....again! yes, definitely worth it!

The Dry Creek Kitchen in Healdsburg is very good, tho not on the same level as Cyrus. I loved the ambiance at the Madrona Manor when we looked around the property. We have also dined at the Farmhouse Inn as prevously mentioned and I would recommend it. Have fun, Healdsburg is a gorgeous area to spend time in! :)

Sunnyvale...
Destination Expert
for San Jose
Level Contributor
5,998 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Need 4 great restaurant suggestions for Healdsburg

I've dined at Madrona Manor twice for dinner and once for breakfast. Their dinners are very nice--reservations essential. A dinner like that in Boston or SF would easily be twice the price that Madrona Manor charges. Dress nicely. Breakfast seems to be mostly for people who spend the night there.

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
578 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Need 4 great restaurant suggestions for Healdsburg

The top selections in the Restaurant category here are a good place to start; all are accurate appraisals. Another great place is Mirepoix in Windsor, a french bistro type intimate restaurant and also Ravenette, a very small restaurant next to the Raven Theater which still has the old Ravenous sign on it (Ravenous has moved.) One more is the wonderful Santi in Geyserville (Italian roots.) Chacuterie is very nice also, and we love to have lunch at Oakville Grocery or Bovolo or light lunch at Costeau Bakery. Breakfast at the Downtown Creamery is great and also at the Farmer's Market on saturday where chef Matteo Granados cooks wonderful yucatan tamales among other specials. Healdsburg is a foodies paradise and you won't be disappointed. Except for not being able to get into Cyrus...that is very disappointing; do they have a cancellation list? I think you can eat at the bar without reservations, but it would be a different experience (still, you could try the food.)

6. Re: Need 4 great restaurant suggestions for Healdsburg

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 pm, September 24, 2009