We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Should I change reservations?

Which Hawthorne hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Vancouver...
Level Contributor
60 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Should I change reservations?

Currently booked at Comfort Inn Cockatoo Near LAX Airport in Hawthorne.

Female flying down alone SAT 5/19 - brother and sister-in-law joining me Sunday afternoon. (They're staying near the convention center Fri and Saturday nights, then will join me for the remainder of the visit)

At this point I'm booked at the whole time. In reading older posts (2-years or more), it looks like maybe we should reconsider the accommodations.

I'm on a tight budget, but don't want to trade safety for $$$. Currently booked at $98/per night.

Only thing planned "to do" is maybe universal studios. I wouldn't mind some beach time.

Would appreciate any advice.

Edited: 3:35 pm, April 29, 2012
2 replies to this topic
Manhattan Beach...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Redondo Beach, Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach
Level Contributor
19,461 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Should I change reservations?

I would not stay in that area of Hawthorne. There is a small area on Aviation Blvd. in Hawthorne, just across the street from Manhattan Beach, that is safe, a couple miles to a great beach, and lots of restaurants, shops and theaters just down the street on Rosecrans Ave. Located several miles south of LAX.

There are two Marriott properties next to each other. Also close to the 405 Freeway to see other sites like Universal Studios.

TownePlace Suites

marriott.com/hotels/…

Springhill Suites

marriott.com/hotels/…

Manhattan Village Mall:

http://www.shopmanhattanvillage.com/

MB-something for everyone:

www.youtube.com/watch…

Berkeley, Ca.
Level Contributor
4,680 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Should I change reservations?

Do you have a reason to be in Hawthorne? Most of the visitors' sites are further north in Santa Monica and in Los Angeles proper, although it is more expensive to stay in those areas. What could you spend on a motel/hotel?

Reply to: Should I change reservations?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Hawthorne