We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting to Ritz Carlton in Half Moon Bay

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
14 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Getting to Ritz Carlton in Half Moon Bay

Hi,

I have a meeting at the Ritz Carlton in Half Moon Bay, CA in March, and trying to figure out cost effective transportation. The rep at the snobby Ritz recommended a town-car to/from the airport that cost $200 and up each way, and was not particularly friendly when I asked for cheaper options.

What is the most cost effective way to get from San Francisco or San Jose airport to the Ritz Carlton in Half Moon Bay?

Is there any car rental company in Half Moon Bay that provide a shuttle between their location and the Ritz Carlton?

What about airport shuttle bus?

Thank you

Henderson, Nevada
Level Contributor
1,405 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Getting to Ritz Carlton in Half Moon Bay

The airport is private planes only... and is about 9 miles from the Ritz.... (so you would need a taxi, hard to find on the coast) The Harbor (with its restaurants) is 8 miles away (near the airport) Downtown Half Moon Bay is a bit over 3 miles from the Ritz (SFO is only 24 miles) There is an Enterprise office listed in downtown HMB...

You will run the risk of being trapped at the Ritz for the 7 days... Its not a bad place to be trapped, but you will be trapped. Unless you have friends at the conference with a car you will miss the local sights, and will not have other dining options. The savings at dinner over the Ritz might be a wash for the parking fee.

I am used to parking fees at urban hotels, but $20.00 a day in Half Moon bay is a bit ridiculous, even offensive...

Randy

San Jose, California
Destination Expert
for California
Level Contributor
16,417 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Getting to Ritz Carlton in Half Moon Bay

Yes, with 7 nights in HMB, you are going to want a car. The Ritz is quite nice, but without a car, you will be stuck there. Eating every meal at the Ritz is going to really add up - far outweigh the cost of a rental car and parking plus eating outside the hotel.

I do agree though, 20 bucks for parking is just silly.

13. Re: Getting to Ritz Carlton in Half Moon Bay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:21 am, February 12, 2015