We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

oceanfront accommodations betw Santa Cruz and Half Moon Bay

windsor on
Level Contributor
86 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
oceanfront accommodations betw Santa Cruz and Half Moon Bay

Hi there,

My boyfriend and I will be travelling back up the coast from Paso Robles en route to fly out of SFO in mid Sept/13. I am looking for oceanfront accommodations for our last night where we can open the window and listen to the ocean. I know there are a few in Half Moon Bay, but was just wondering if anyone knew anywhere else, perhaps a little south or even a little north of HMB, on the quieter side, which I haven't been able to locate online yet.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks !!

Santa Cruz...
Destination Expert
for Santa Cruz
Level Contributor
32,356 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: oceanfront accommodations betw Santa Cruz and Half Moon Bay

Actually, fraumode101, you and I should not have been on this old thread, from the summer of 2013.....you should have started a new one, and I should have advised you to do that,....you may still want to. In the meantime, look at my link to the Dream Inn in Santa Cruz, and good luck.

San Francisco
Destination Expert
for Death Valley Junction, Death Valley National Park
Level Contributor
15,052 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: oceanfront accommodations betw Santa Cruz and Half Moon Bay

Yes, I know this thread is an antique, but in case anyone here is still looking for a cozy Coastside retreat, none of your friends, employers, creditors, or unwelcome relatives will ever find you if you stay at a lighthouse.

There are two hostels at lighthouse sites on the coast south of Pacifica. Both lighthouses are still in use as navigational aids, although now automated with no full-time staff.

Point Montara is a few miles south of Pacifica, south of the Devil’s Slide area. The hostel is iin the old Coast Guard quarters.

Pigeon Point is between Pescadero and Davenport, and you stay in the former lighthouse keeper's house. Pigeon Point light is over 100' high, one of the tallest in the Western U.S.

http://www.norcalhostels.org/montara

http://www.norcalhostels.org/pigeon

Level Contributor
35,920 posts
904 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: oceanfront accommodations betw Santa Cruz and Half Moon Bay

The foghorn in Half Moon Bay did not bother us at all. :).

Edited: 6:40 pm, September 02, 2014
San Francisco
Destination Expert
for Death Valley Junction, Death Valley National Park
Level Contributor
15,052 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: oceanfront accommodations betw Santa Cruz and Half Moon Bay

Fog horns are part of California coastal ambience. People who live inland might consider them very exotic and atmospheric.

15. Re: oceanfront accommodations betw Santa Cruz and Half Moon Bay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 pm, October 07, 2015