We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Apartment complexes in Glendale,California.

montreal
1 post
Save Topic
Apartment complexes in Glendale,California.

Hello,

My sister & I will be relocating to Glendale in October from Montreal(We have dual-citizenship).Could someone please tell us what are the best studio apartments there? We're looking for something not too expensive,yet safe & clean.

Anything other information about Glendale would be appreciated too!

Thanks! Have a great day!

Glendale, California
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Apartment complexes in Glendale,California.

Hi, I just came by way of this website looking for a particular restaurant, and saw your posting. I have good piece of advice-don't look in actual Glendale, it's way too expensive anymore, look in it's northern annex which is Montrose or La Crescenta. There are many more resonably priced options, and Glendale itself is just sooooo crowded anymore. I would look online. You can do a Google search for Glendale, but put Montrose and LC in there too. I have found great listings for rentals when I looked for a friend of mine, but I don't remember them specifically.

Glendale is still fairly nice, however in the past 15 years there has been a huge immigration of Armenian people here. I mean an exhorbitant amount--something to the tune of 80,000 people who were sponsored by various churches in the area. It has greatly changed the 'face' of the city in many ways. I tell you this for pure informational purposes. I know that if I was planning on moving, this would be vital to my decision making process--and after living here most of my life, and seeing all the problems first hand--this would steer me away from here altogether. It has changed the way people I know have made many decisions--because no one wants their kids to go to a high school of close to 5,000 students, and 94% (no joke) are Armenian. It makes for a very uncomfortable school life, constant fights amongst the Armenians themselves and Hispanics--who generally dislike them. A balance of different peoples is fine, but there is a complete imbalance here. Both Montrose and La Crescenta are nice, and less crowded, and have a slower growth that Glendale.

There is a new "mall" going in to the middle of Glendale, and along with the Glendale Galleria (mall that's been there since the late 70's) makes for a very crowded downtown situation.

The nice thing about G-dale is that it is centrally located to anything. You have 4 major freeways on hand, and it's close to the mountains (Angeles Crest) and yet not really far from the beach. (maybe a 1/2 hour to get there.) The weather is great--if you like a more warm climate with no real seasons, and the views are beautiful. There's an honest opinion for you. Please feel free to write me back if you get this and have any further comments.