We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Laundromat near Hyatt Regency Orange County

Which Garden Grove hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney Australia
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Topic
Laundromat near Hyatt Regency Orange County

Hi,

I need some help from travellers. My family and I will be staying at the Hyatt Regency in an upcoming trip.

I have previously read that the cost of laundry service within Hyatt is expensive.

Can you please advise if there is a laundromat in close walking distance and the approximate cost?

Also if Hyatt is a good choice of all the possible hotels in the Anaheim/Orange County area?

Thanks - any advise about the Hyatt OC will be great.

Luton Beds U.K.
Level Contributor
22 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Laundromat near Hyatt Regency Orange County

There is a laundromat near to the Hyatt,yes you could walk but it is far easier to go by car as the traffic can be busy,The laundromat was about $3approx but you have to use the washing machines there or they won't let you use the dryers.I just returned from Embassy suites which is right next door to the Hyatt and they have a washing facilities which cost $2 to wash and dry and also you get free breakfast and free drinks every evening,better value really! Both are excellent hotels,Embassy suites can get busier though.

Sydney Australia
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Laundromat near Hyatt Regency Orange County

Thanks Chomby... the information provided is great.

Luton Beds U.K.
Level Contributor
22 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Laundromat near Hyatt Regency Orange County

I hope you enjoy your stay,I enjoyed my stay there 2 yrs ago,I went in there again at christmas and it still looks good,try to get a room in the North tower as they have the views towards Disney so you can get to see the fireworks at night.I would have returned to the Hyatt if they had washing facilities,also they do charge to park your car in the Hyatt $12 per day.

Have a great trip!

Sydney Australia
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Laundromat near Hyatt Regency Orange County

Thanks Chomby,

Any other advise you could provide to me re Hyatt at Anaheim will be greatly appreciated. My family and I are looking forward to this trip... a big trip for my 9 year old to visit DisneyLand. Do hope that Hyatt will not disappoint us...

Thank.

Luton Beds U.K.
Level Contributor
22 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Laundromat near Hyatt Regency Orange County

I am sure the Hyatt will not disapoint,it is a really nice hotel.If you go to Disneyland use the shuttle bus that the Hyatt provide,it is free and runs every half hour,it is always on time,it can get a little crowded but it is only about 1 mile to Disneyland so it is not too far even if you have to stand,Disneyland parking is $10 per day so it is worth taking the bus! The restuarant in the Hyatt can be a bit pricey but the food and service is of excellent quality,it is very handy to use for breakfast and then jump straight on the bus to Disneyland.There are quite a lot of restuarants within easy walking disatnce of the hotel also.If you are a non smoker make sure you are not put in a room on the 3rd floor of the south tower,not sure which floor they use in the north tower.It can get a bit busy at weekends as there are a lot of wedding receptions held there and that is the only time we had a little problem parking.I hope your 9 yr old has a fantastic holiday,my daughter is 10 and has very fond memories of the Hyatt,I am sure it was her favourite hotel! Have a great trip!

Sydney Australia
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Laundromat near Hyatt Regency Orange County

Thanks Chomby... great advice. Will need to take the free bus to DL from Hyatt, as it can be difficult to drive in LA.... Very looking forward to it, as long as the laundromat is still there when we arrive in November.

One last query, is the breakfast very expensive at the Hyatt...however, do they have a big spread...

Thanks.

Luton Beds U.K.
Level Contributor
22 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Laundromat near Hyatt Regency Orange County

The Hyatt is about 32 miles from the centre of LA so driving is easy as DL is only 1 mile from the Hyatt,you can even walk! The Laundromat was still there this January so I would imagine it still will be there in November as it is used quite a bit by some of the other hotels,there are abot 8 large hotels in the area.Th laundromat is quite large so it can easily accomodate all guests.Th breakfasts were quite expensive,there were 4 of us and it would cost about $55 if we had the buffet,plenty of choice for hot and cold food though.You could drive up to Bakers Square restuarant which would cost about $30 for 4 people or walk over to Coco's for about the same cost.There is a McDonalds and Jack in the Box which are cheaper also nearby,we would use the Hyatt for breakfast when we went to DL and brought cereal and milk and ate in our bedroom other days.If you need to buy paper dish's, plates for breakfast etc buy from the 99c shop over in the shopping area across from the hotel,much cheaper than buying from Target,you are only thowing them away after anyway! Sometimes children get to eat free breakfast at the Hyatt when an adult has a full breakfast but that seems to change depending on the season.Anything else you need to know just let me know!

Sydney Australia
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Laundromat near Hyatt Regency Orange County

Hi Chomby,

Your information is extremely valuable... makes my planning alot easier as long as the laundromat is still there when we arrive in November. By the way, do you have any idea on what this laundromat is called so I could give them a call from Sydney. Yes your advice has been great makes it think I have made the right choice in staying at the Hyatt. We want to explore on the restaurant options since we will be there for 7 nights. So looking forward to this trip. Oh yes, do you know if there is a Factory Outlet Shopping centre near Hyatt?

Did you also visit Universal Studio, if you did, did you purchase the front of line pass for the visit? We are thinking of purchasing this Front of Line pass via their website but are rather reluctant as we are unsure of whether it is worth the money. Do you know if 1 day is sufficient for my family to see the entire Universal Studio or do we need to be there for 2 days?

We also intend to visit the Sea World in San Diego, any advice there? Hoping to join the tours from Hyatt? Would it be easy to organise from the Hyatt?

Chomby, you have been great... Once again, BIG thank you from Downunder Sydney...

Luton Beds U.K.
Level Contributor
22 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Laundromat near Hyatt Regency Orange County

The laundromat is situated on Chapman Avenue,Garden Grove,I had a look on google and there is a map of all the laundromats in the area,if that one shut close there are plenty of others also nearby,it is situated on the junction of S Harbor and Chapman Avenue,this may sound stupid but I never looked at the name of it!

There are some factory outlets nearby,The Block at Orange is the nearest I think,it is a mix of outlet shops and normal shops,it is about a 10 min drive from the Hyatt.There is a disney warehouse outlet also nearby where a lot of the disney clothing is reduced by up to 75%,it is all official disney products they may be putting the new seasons items in the park and sell them off at the warehouse it is always worth a look in there befoer buying at Disneyland,it is situated off Harbor blvd in a shopping area called Orangefair Marketplace,also there are quite a few eating places in the area to choose from,just drive north up Harbor Bld,past disney and it is on your right,also has Marshalls an outlet centre usually good for Tommy Hilfiger gear!

I have been to Universal many times,I am not sure weather I would pay the extra for front of line,def not when you are going,it is not as busy as Disney,I think you can do the park in the day if you get there for 10am,I think it closes around 6pm,avoid weekends if you can.A must is the Jurassic Park ride,very wet but you can purchase a waterproof poncho for a few dollars,also go on the Backlot tram and Back to the Future ride both are really good.If you drive there just head north on the 5 freeway it as all signposted well.

Sea World is great,it is a straight drive down the 5 freeway south and a coastal run most of the way,it is much nicer than LA.The tricks they make the killer whales do will blow your mind.Check out a few websites before you go as often food outlets offer discount tickets in the area,a few I can think of are Subway.com Carlsjr.com Ralphs.com Jackinthebox.com We purchased a SouthernCalifornia Pass for $175 and that included 3 day hopper at Disneyland,1 day at Knotts Berry Farm,I day at San Diego zoo or wild animal park and I day at Sea World,I think it saved us about $50 each.I think I have remebered everything but ask anytime if you need any more info.

Sydney Australia
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Laundromat near Hyatt Regency Orange County

Chomby,

You have done it again... what am I going to do without your info.

Could you pls tell me how to search for Laundromat via Google so I could see where they are all located in the vicinity of Hyatt.

Yes the factory outlet sounds good, ie The Block and Disney Warehouse. Would it be expensive if I were to take a cab to The Block? Is the Disney Warehouse close to Hyatt... can I walk or is it close to the park.

We have taken a package with Hyatt which includes the 2 day hopper at Disneyland...and breakfast in the morning. Good deal I hope!!!!

Waiting for your great advice again....

Thanks.

Get answers to your questions about Garden Grove