We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Scott's Canoe Rentals - Info needed.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
106 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Scott's Canoe Rentals - Info needed.

I am trying to get some info or contact this outfit.

It's on Hwy 180 about 10 miles east of Fresno. It has a campground right on the river. I drove by it on my way to the Sequoias and should have stopped to inquire.

Any info or phone number would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Fresno, California
Level Contributor
1,625 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Scott's Canoe Rentals - Info needed.

Are you looking to canoe right there on the Kings River or looking for a canoe to pick up and use elsewhere on a different lake or river in the area? If this info doesn't work post back and I'll provide some other rental sources.

I can't find a listing for a Scott's Canoes. But this sounds like what a lot of locals call Pierce's Park. It sits next to Highway 180 at the Kings River. I don't know if anything is in operation out there or not anymore.

Try this number for Pierce's Park and see if it is what you want or can help you.

(559) 787-3450

Edited: 2:16 pm, January 24, 2012
Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
106 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Scott's Canoe Rentals - Info needed.

Thank you for the info.

I called the number for Pierce's Park. It used to be Scott's Canoe Rentals but unfortunately, they are no longer in that business.

I love to canoe rivers and thought it would be a nice outing for our family this coming May. I would appreciate it if you have other canoe rental sources for the King river.

Thanks again.

Fresno, California
Level Contributor
1,625 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Scott's Canoe Rentals - Info needed.

Assuming you are looking for just a quiet day in a canoe and not whitewater rafting here are a few options.

I haven't used this company but I know they have been supporters of several groups around Fresno. The company is Canoe Rents & River Tours so call them for info.

(559) 696-9138

The Kings River Conservancy started a canoe/kayak tour program last year. They supply the equipment and a guide. I don't know the 2012 program plans but you might contact them to see what this year's program will be and ask about private tours or any recommended rental companies. Info about the 2011 kayak/canoe tours is at the "River Float" link at the site.

http://www.kingsriverconservancy.org/

The San Joaquin River Parkway also has a canoe tour program along the San Joaquin River on Fresno's north edge. Again they supply the equipment, you can join a public tour or arrange a private tour. 2012 details are not posted yet but click the "things to do" menu then select "Canoe Tours" for more info then contact them direct.

http://www.riverparkway.org/

Hopefully one of those options works for you.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
106 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Scott's Canoe Rentals - Info needed.

That's exactly what I was looking for. My son runs Track & Field at Fresno last weekend and if he makes CIF finals in June, we will be back at Clovis.

We will try to do a river trip then.

Thank you so very much FresnoFacts.

5. Re: Scott's Canoe Rentals - Info needed.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:26 am, March 13, 2013