We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tule Fog

San Francisco
Destination Expert
for Death Valley Junction, Death Valley National Park
Level Contributor
15,295 posts
49 reviews
Save Topic
Tule Fog

I'm checking to see how the tule fog situation has been on 99 and 5 the last couple of weeks.

I hate tule fog driving more than I hate snow driving. I want to go to Death Valley soon and I'll be happy to go over the Sierra Nevada and down 395 in the snow if it means missing a lot of the tule fog.

Fresno, California
Level Contributor
1,672 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Tule Fog

So far there has been only a few days with early morning patchy fog occuring in the lowest lying areas like where 99 crosses the Kings River near Kingsburg. Even in those few areas it has usually lifted by 9 or 10 am from what I've heard in reports.

2. Re: Tule Fog

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, June 11, 2011