We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

U-Pick Farm

Mission Viejo...
Level Contributor
18 posts
1 review
Save Topic
U-Pick Farm

I live in Los Angeles. I am going to Fresno with other 20+ people this Aug. This will be my first trip in Frestno. Do you know any U-pick Farm we can visit? Will it be too hot to visit?

Edited: 9:25 pm, June 14, 2010
San Jose, California
Level Contributor
43 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: U-Pick Farm

There is this great place where you can pick your own cherries! Never disappoints! Its about $1.75 per pound. I don't have the address but its near the Ventana Hills. Its up on Aubery I believe.

Fresno, California
Level Contributor
1,653 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: U-Pick Farm

jkhotels is thinking of Mountain Brook Ranch for cherries, call (559) 299-8141 for info and directions.

Ens Vintage Farms near 99 and Herndon has a few u-pick items, call to see what is available. (559) 275-2912; (559) 269-3143 (barn)

Not really u-pick but Top of the Hill produce does great homemade jams and jellies.

http://www.jam4you.com/

In August the vineards at Farley Farms are u-pick.

http://upickgrapes.com/

Of course another way to get local fruits etc is to visit one of the Farmers Markets. On Friday nights go to Old Town Clovis. Saturday morning go to The Vineyard center at Shaw and Blackstone.

Also visit the Fresno State Farm Market. They harvest the campus farm and sell direct. Their corn is a local favorite. The campus farm does u-pick once or twice a year, usually April and October.

Mission Viejo...
Level Contributor
18 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: U-Pick Farm

Thank you for reply us regarding a farm visit. I have checked with The Ens Family, but they are a small family farm not set up for this large a group to pick.

Our group will be 20+~50 people and arrive in Fresno 8/9, and plan to pick the fruit on 8/10 (Tue). Hope it is not too hot.

Thank you and I will keep looking for your other suggestions.

Mission Viejo...
Level Contributor
18 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: U-Pick Farm

Thank you jkhotels. I called Mountain Brook Ranch, but they closed for the cherry season.

Washington State
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
Level Contributor
60,920 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: U-Pick Farm

What is the reason you're traveling to Fresno? Is there something in particular you want to do? It will definitely be hot; it's the Central Valley. The average high for August 10 is 98° and the record high is 108°. How about a trip to the waterpark?

Fresno, California
Level Contributor
2 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: U-Pick Farm

Depends on what you're wanting to pick, but August should be good for Farley's grape farm. Thompson seedless grapes - I think they have enough space to accommodate your group, but check with them. Tree fruit tends to be earlier - i.e., June-July. There may be some u-pick berries around, but don't know the location(s)

7. Re: U-Pick Farm

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, January 02, 2011