We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to get to Tenaya Lodge at end of February

Which Fresno hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago
1 post
Save Topic
How to get to Tenaya Lodge at end of February

We will be going to a wine seminar weekend at Tenaya Lodge at the end of Feb 2008.

The customer service rep at Tenaya Lodge said that Sacramento was the best & nearest large airport.

But online, Tenaya Lodge's website doesn't even list Sacramento as a nearby airport. So, how far away is it?

Fresno seems closest, but we need to take in airfare, car service to/from Tenaya Lodge (if that even exists there) or rental car. And then, not only does Tenaya Lodge not answer my question about shuttle service, etc., I read about having to have chains on the tires of the car in wintertime.

We are almost ready to abandon the deposit and not go!

Any recommendations?

Fresno, California
Level Contributor
1,533 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: How to get to Tenaya Lodge at end of February

Is that the Fresno State Winemaster Weekend? The seminars should be good. And I saw Chef Clabaugh's menu plan for Saturday night, looks very good so you don't want to miss it if you can.

…csufresno.edu/ve/…20WinemasterINDEX.htm

Sacramento's Airport would probably be in the 4 hour driving range vs. 1.5 hours from Fresno's airport.

There are a couple of limo services in Oakhurst as well as Fresno. I've heard Crossroads in Oakhurst charges $75/person for transportation from the Fresno airport to Yosemite but don't know for sure or what it would be to Tenaya, which is closer to the airport.

http://www.xroadstours.com/

You might look up phone numbers for others and also call around.

There are no shuttles from Fresno's airport to Tenaya so your other choice would be to look into a rental car.

Chains are always a good idea in the Sierras in the winter but that is a decision you can make based on the weather forecast. You could buy them at somewhere in Fresno then return them if they aren't used.

I know the Tenaya also sells a limited quantity of chains in the gift shop, we saw them there a few weeks ago.

The Park Service does require you to carry chains in the park in winter but Tenaya is located outside the gate.

2. Re: How to get to Tenaya Lodge at end of February

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:26 am, September 15, 2009