We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

which hotel???

california
Level Contributor
175 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
which hotel???

Need some advice. Can anyone advise on which of the following Fort Bragg hotels is nicest: Beachcomber, Ocean View Lodge, North Cliff Hotel. Want something very nice to sit and view the ocean. Don't need romantic aspect; just very peaceful, clean and not horrified by well behaved children. Thanks!

Fremont, California
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
28,440 posts
6,010 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: which hotel???

Fort Bragg is one of those places....where its best just to choose one and go with it...

Given the fact that you mentioned well behaved children,

I'd probably choose Beachcomber at Ft. Bragg since its

right on the beach....which means something to do for the children to run around and do. The place is also used to have children there. Its not the most luxurious place to stay....but it has a nice deck outside...and awesome views.

The rooms are basic...if that was important to you which by your reply "don't need romantic aspect" may be translated to "ok to have basic lodging" with great views, sitting outside area (deck) and a place for the children to romp on the beach.

This place is the best out of the 3 for that.

The other two if romantic, view, hard to get to beach...are your higher ctieria...

PetALUMA, CA
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: which hotel???

PLEASE AVOID the Coast Motel in Fort Bragg, California.

he double charged our credit card and when I called him about it he made up lies, saying we trashed the towels and made them dirty. for details, see my other posts.

Fort Bragg
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: which hotel???

I live in Fort Bragg and I think the North Cliff and the Beachcomber have the best views. The Beachcomber is very friendly, the North Cliff seems pretty fancy. It is right at the opening to Noyo Harbor, so you will have views of the fishing boats coming and going all day. The beachcomber is more of a surf view, with the rooms opening onto the beach. Not sure about the Ocean View Lodge.

It is great up here! Have fun!

4. Re: which hotel???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:21 am, August 16, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Fort Bragg