We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Arcata-Ferndale Kinetic Sculpture Race

SoCal
Level Contributor
124 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Arcata-Ferndale Kinetic Sculpture Race

Hello Eureka,

There doesn't seem to be any traffic on the Arcata or Ferndale forums, so I'll pose these questions to you:

Have any of you attended this?

If so, did you stay for the whole event?

Where do most people stay along the route?

Where's the best viewing?

Is it worth the long drive up from San Diego to see?

I've seen video and it looks fun and hilarious. We stopped in Ferndale brielfy last summer during our drive along Lost Coast Loop. It's a charming town. And I got to thinking this may be a great way to spend the long Memorial Day weekend, but I'd like to hear any thoughts you may all have.

Thanks.

merlin,oregon
2 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Arcata-Ferndale Kinetic Sculpture Race

Yes, yes, it last about two hours and its totally worth it for the many different ideas people come up with, the amazing views you usually want to be where they start at the arcata plaza from 9 to noon.

merlin,oregon
2 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: Arcata-Ferndale Kinetic Sculpture Race

Yes, it last about two hours and its totally worth it for the many different ideas people come up with, the amazing views you usually want to be where they start at the arcata plaza from 9 to noon, that's where the most action, is happening and then for the second day to. did you know that you can sign up and register for the event. I'm coming all the way from merlin Oregon to see the kinetic sculpture race.

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
Level Contributor
43,233 posts
1,081 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Arcata-Ferndale Kinetic Sculpture Race

Hi roses_red, welcome to TripAdvisor. Great info, but you answered a post that is over two years old. Gotta watch those posting dates!

Lewiston, California
Level Contributor
9,609 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Arcata-Ferndale Kinetic Sculpture Race

Loved it! Attended in '98. I was in Eureka on business that week & stayed over having my then Fiancée, now wife fly up going me. Watched the start at Arcadia's town square then again passed many on the way home south of Eureka..

eureka
1 post
Save Reply
15. Re: Arcata-Ferndale Kinetic Sculpture Race

I live in Humboldt County and have seen the race every year for 9 years. It's fun and hilarious but I would not drive 12 hours to see it.

16. Re: Arcata-Ferndale Kinetic Sculpture Race

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:35 am, November 19, 2009