We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A day's worth of introduction to Eureka and the vicinity

Los Angeles...
Destination Expert
for Venice, Provence-Alpes-Cote d'Azur
Level Contributor
11,473 posts
562 reviews
Save Topic
A day's worth of introduction to Eureka and the vicinity

Hello -

We will be in Eureka from Friday a.m. through Sunday p.m. this month to get our son settled into Humboldt State. I have a feeling that in addition to taking care of college business, we will have enough time to drive around and enjoy the area. What would our DE on Eureka and the vicinity recommend for a day's worth of sightseeing?

Many thanks,

Anna

Los Angeles...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
11,473 posts
562 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: A day's worth of introduction to Eureka and the vicinity

Ah, thank you so much!!

I keep adding to my document even though there is no way to attend to all of these wonderful activities in one weekend. Places to shop and eat will be explored first, I am sure, and the rest may have to wait until a revisit or have son explore on his own and report.

Thank you also for the weather update. Hauling out and packing a sweater and a light jacket.

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
Level Contributor
43,657 posts
1,084 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: A day's worth of introduction to Eureka and the vicinity

There's a great sandwich shop called the Hole in the Wall. They are in Eureka and also Arcata :-)

Los Angeles...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
11,473 posts
562 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: A day's worth of introduction to Eureka and the vicinity

We will be well fed that is for sure! :-) Hope we will walk it off..

14. Re: A day's worth of introduction to Eureka and the vicinity

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 am, January 05, 2011