We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Redwood National Park

San Diego, CA
Level Contributor
8 posts
45 reviews
Save Topic
Redwood National Park

We will be in Northern California next week to see the Redwoods, and will be staying in Garberville 3 days, then Eureka 4 days. We want to do 30 minute hikes in the Redwoods and need to find places that are fairly flat because my husband has arthritis in his knee.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
2,225 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Redwood National Park

I like the area myself, and I think there are plenty of fairly level hikes (check with the visitor centers/rangers in the state and national parks). Since you are only doing short hikes, I assume you have other activites planned for the 7 days.

Lewiston, California
Level Contributor
9,609 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Redwood National Park

One of our favorite short hikes on Flat ground is to the Ladybird Johnson Grove in the Southern part of the Redwoods National Park.

PS A lovely small grove is right in Eureka behind the Zoo. You may drive through & at the bottom of the canyon walk along the stream which is lovely.

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
Level Contributor
43,337 posts
1,081 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Redwood National Park

This isn't hiking, but you may be interested in this. We took this tour a few years ago and it was actually quite fun!

humboldtbaymaritimemuseum.com/madaketcruises…

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,927 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Redwood National Park

Get up to Jedediah Smith State Park near Crescent City, there is a gravel road (Howland Hill Road) about 7 miles long that you can take through redwood forest with lots of opportunities for short hikes along the way.

On the way stop at Prairie Creek Redwoods to see the elk, there's also a short nature trail there,

These are both state parks, but are part of the whole Redwood National and State Parks complex, as it is officially known.

5. Re: Redwood National Park

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:18 pm, September 28, 2009