We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather in Eureka area; best time to go?

Which Eureka hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Weather in Eureka area; best time to go?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:02 pm, May 13, 2013
Eureka, CA
2 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather in Eureka area; best time to go?

Having lived here my whole life, I can tell you that summer isn't the most ideal time to visit the Northcoast. Unless you plan to spend time inland. On the coast, the weather is pretty foggy. Even if the sun shows it's rare face, it will surely be foggy the next day. I suggest September or even early October. Those 6 weeks are always the nicest. The weather is usually warm and that fall glow is starting to come in. Places aren't as crowed (rivers, beaches, etc) as people get back into the routine of school and work. The wine country just south of here is gorgeous during those weeks. We did the sonoma/sonoma coast wineries last October and it was beautiful. And traffic....what traffic?

Eureka, CA
Level Contributor
307 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather in Eureka area; best time to go?

Most definitely September, early October. We enjoy our loveliest weather then.

Eureka/Fortuna/Hydes...
Destination Expert
for Eureka
Level Contributor
277 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather in Eureka area; best time to go?

Anytime between June - September that YOU can take your time and enjoy the sceenery is fine. Humboldt county (like Oregon) is known for it's rain. These are the "dry Months".

Eureka/Fortuna/Hydes...
Destination Expert
for Eureka
Level Contributor
277 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather in Eureka area; best time to go?

Sorry I didn't answer your question. The Traffic is never very bad at all (comparatively) North of Santa Rosa. If someone is on you butt just pull over at the nearest turn out on our country roads (especially if it's a light blue 1997 F 250). If you expect it to be slow it will seem fast. If you expect it to be fast it will seem slow. Just enjoy the country and don't sweet the small stuff.

5. Re: Weather in Eureka area; best time to go?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:20 pm, August 31, 2009