We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weekend in Encinitas Trip Report

Which Encinitas hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New Mexico
Level Contributor
41 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Weekend in Encinitas Trip Report

Arrived at SD airport about noon. Went immediately to lunch at Q'ero. 3 of us had tapas (calimari, corn cake with cheese, empanadas, saltenas, papa rellena) & we shared beef short ribs. Also had delicious sangria.

That night we went to Oceanaire downtown SD. It was delicious!!!

Started with drinks, appetizers and then had entrees. Because it was my birthday we got a complimentary Baked Alaska. We were all full but the dessert was so delicious we ate every bite.

The next day went to the Solana Farmers Market & Arts District. Had a wonderful time.

The last day I dipped my toes in the Atlantic and then goofed off and missed my flight. US Air was great! They changed my ticket at no charge.

The B&B I stayed at was very nice. For Sunday Breakfast I had delicious Eggs Benedict cooked by the wife and for Dinner she fixed a cheese tray with 4 cheeses then we had dinner-lamb chops which the husband grilled. Everything was delicious.

Also enjoyed numerous wines there. They have a pretty good selection of wines. After dinner I actually showed the wife how to make a baked alaska.

Their dog, Reggie, was one spoiled pooch. It was actually amusing to listen to this couple banter about who spoils him more (they both do!).

I would definitely return as they were very hospitable, sophisticated, and fun!

New Mexico
Level Contributor
41 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Weekend in Encinitas Trip Report

Correction-dipped my toes in the Pacific!!!!

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
59,622 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weekend in Encinitas Trip Report

What's the name of the B&B where you stayed????

Glad you had fun in town!

germantown, tn
6 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Weekend in Encinitas Trip Report

I have heard nothing but good things about this B&B. I think that the wife and I and the kids need to get there as soon as possible. Have you tried the jalepeno and cheese grits? I have been told that they go out of their way to make you feel like you are part of the family. The last time we were with them my son learned how to surf and my daughter learned what a gucci bag was. I think the owners are the bomb.

4. Re: Weekend in Encinitas Trip Report

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, April 28, 2010