We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dublin Ranch Glof Course for Wedding and Reception

Which Dublin hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Los Gatos, CA
Level Contributor
119 posts
19 reviews
Dublin Ranch Glof Course for Wedding and Reception

This is in regards to having a wedding and reception at the Dublin Ranch Golf Course. I am a uncle of the groom and not involved directly with the wedding, but here are my observations as a outsider.

I would think they have done this before, I mean they have quite a few weddings at the Dublin Ranch, don't they? Yet, we are there for a 10AM wedding, after the guests are allowed to go to the outdoor area to go to where all the little white chairs are to sit for the cermoney, well they are all wet (not damp). Guests turn into a large confusion of wanting to sit but can't. I walked back to the area the reception will be held to let them know about all the wet seats a get a snapped yell, which I assumed meant they knew about it. A few minutes later 2 people come out with 2 little hand towels to wipe down 200 seats. Quite comical. The setup of flower vases on little stands along the asile looked nice, until someone moved their chair. Turned out the flower vases were not secured to the little stands, but the stands that were along the aisle were intertwined with the chairs. Chair moving = flower vase fallilng.

Reception, it seemed that every person there (excepting one) surely did not want to be working that day. Attitude issue for sure. Food, was a buffett and they let the food run out of the chafing dishes. Not near the end of the serving process, but after the first two or 3 tables went through, everybody backed up because they did not update or keep up on the demand (even though the Dublin Ranch were the ones releasing tables one at a time to get food). People got tired of waiting so they ended up getting part of their meal going back to sit down, then going back for the part they missed. Made for more confusion.

Some of the guests were in the outdoor patio area, they seemed as if they were not in the celebration at all. (Hint, make sure all your guests can sit inside). Outside they were serving in paper Pepsi cups? None on the inside for sure.

Not sure how closely they schedule weddings together, but the reception was scheduled till 4PM. By 3:20 they were allowing the next party to walk through the entrance area bring in all of the next parties personal touches. Wouldn't be bad except for the fact, this is where current wedding party people congregate to talk since the music is loud. I would think the Dublin Ranch would help redirect these people through another entrance.

For the money put out for this wedding I would have expected a better end product.

Denver, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
7,893 posts
38 reviews
1. Re: Dublin Ranch Glof Course for Wedding and Reception

I think that's terrible. Weddings are stressful enough without having problems like you described. I hope everything else went okay for you.

Thanks for sharing your experience. You might want to also post on some of the wedding websites as well. This is information that people planning a wedding would definitely like to know if they are considering this place as a venue for their wedding and/or reception.

As an aside, for those looking for an alternate spot, try the Purple Orchid Inn (http://www.purpleorchid.com/) in Livermore. Although we weren't married there, we stayed there after our wedding. The grounds are beautiful and the service and attention to us and our needs was wonderful.

2. Re: Dublin Ranch Glof Course for Wedding and Reception

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:20 pm, October 09, 2009