We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A spa you do not want to go to.........................

Which Desert Hot Springs hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
California
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
A spa you do not want to go to.........................

My husband and I planned a family weekend at Sam's Family Spa, Dillon Rd., in Desert Hot Springs, for this Easter (2007). After checking their web site, and calling, we found when we got there that they quoted us the wrong rates. We decided to stay, although more expensive, but then found the pools and spas were filthy. When we voiced our concerns, we were told that it was, "the Mexicans and Armenians that make the pools so dirty!" We were denied a refund, and we were told , "We don't want your kind here!" With their poor customer service, racial remarks, and dirty facility, we will never reccommend Sam's Family Spa to anyone.

sammieland
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: A spa you do not want to go to.........................

I work at Sams and that post above is not even remotely like anything that someone that works here would EVER say. As far as the statement "we dont want your kind here" now thats very possible because this is a family park and we dont want any thing that would be construed as objectionable here at all, we were built for children and we are very careful about what goes on around them, we wont tolerate anything around our guests children that we wouldnt want around our own...as far as the price discrepency...I have been employed here for 4 years and the prices have been the same

Santa Monica
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: A spa you do not want to go to.........................

I have visited Sam's Family Spa for a couple years now... starting from early 2006. Every time I have ever visited, the pools were spotless (and I have since learned they are cleaned nightly... that's right, nightly, because they can't put cleaners in the mineral water, so it is drained and scrubbed on a daily basis), also I have never had any person be rude to me and I have brought Persian and Armenian friends. I absolutely love this resort and they have recently done a lot of renovations, and it is more amazing than ever. I would reccomend this resort to anyone and everyone! They are the most pleasant people and such a great place to relax!

3. Re: A spa you do not want to go to.........................

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:20 pm, October 15, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Desert Hot Springs