We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dana Point May31-Jun 4

Which Dana Point hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Snoqualmie, WA
Level Contributor
237 posts
15 reviews
Dana Point May31-Jun 4

We'll be staying at the St. Regis Monarch...31st thru the 4th.

What are the "must see" and "greatest eats"?

I can scan thru the ratings on this site, but wondering what people are currently saying about the sites and restaurants.

Snoqualmie, WA
Level Contributor
237 posts
15 reviews
1. Re: Dana Point May31-Jun 4

Oops, just found another post about this topic. Thanks anyway!

orange county
Level Contributor
699 posts
3 reviews
2. Re: Dana Point May31-Jun 4

I'll reply anyways:

St. Regis used to have a restuarant called Aqua which was top notch. That closed, but I believe the same chef is opening another restaurant in its place there. Thats should be good.

Montage has two good restaurants, but pricey. Ritz Calrton, across the street, just opened a new restaurant which is supposed to be good. Many people like Salt Creek Grill which is about 1/5 mile up on PCH.

Lots more in Newport Beach, but that should take care of your trip and your wallet

Snoqualmie, WA
Level Contributor
237 posts
15 reviews
3. Re: Dana Point May31-Jun 4

Thanks for the update....we'll be going into Laguna too...so I'll search the boards for info there.

Thankfully this is a trip hosted by my spouses employer! Otherwise we'd be hitting the Holiday Inn and roadside taco wagons!

Can't wait to see that part of the coast...

San Clemente, CA
Level Contributor
2,597 posts
8 reviews
4. Re: Dana Point May31-Jun 4

The Salt Creek Grill has good food and an open kitchen. Nice ambience with outdoor fireplace in waiting area and hardwood floors.

They also have live jazz, I believe, Thurs-Sun at night and a massive Sunday brunch.

The Montage Resort is a must-see in my opinion even if you just eat lunch on the balcony of the terrace restaurant (cannot remember name) or have tea in the lounge. Totally stunning place, in my opinion. Incredible grounds to walk around on and they lead down to the water. It is very relaxing and elegant just to visit. I have had lunch there once and tea there on another visit and you feel so at peace. I love that place.

The Ritz Carlton has several restaurants as well. Laguna Beach is alos close by and has many choices and nice scenery.