We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Another "where to stay/where to eat" Feb 25

Which Dana Point hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
WestSlope,CO
Destination Expert
for Colorado
Level Contributor
10,167 posts
166 reviews
Save Topic
Another "where to stay/where to eat" Feb 25

We-- DH& self, both retirees-- will be arriving to spend the afternoon and evening of Feb. 25 prior to a whale watch with Captain Dave on the 26th, and would sure appreciate some suggestions. We would like to stay in an ocean view room if possible. Ocean front would be nice for a stroll on the beach but I realize much of Dana Point is on a bluff. How far afield should I look for a place that is moderately priced for the area, clean, has comfortable beds, and doesn't charge an arm and a leg for parking? And would still be convenient for getting to the whale watch departure point?

I've read lots of hotel reviews here and other sites, and most reviews I've found are not really very good for anything but 5 star properties. I would be willing to try bidding on Priceline but not sure what areas I should include, and would sure hate to get stuck paying over twenty bucks for parking.

Also, would appreciate some suggestions for an early dinner Friday evening. Again, a view would be nice, but we will have been driving and sightseeing and will not want to dress up.

Manhattan Beach...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Redondo Beach, Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach
Level Contributor
19,844 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Another "where to stay/where to eat" Feb 25

Excellent choice. You'll love the view, and if you get a chance the heated pools and jacuzzi's are wonderful, too. The beds are a dream!

Huntington Beach...
Destination Expert
for Huntington Beach, Newport Beach, Laguna Beach
Level Contributor
6,228 posts
179 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Another "where to stay/where to eat" Feb 25

You scored a great deal!

13. Re: Another "where to stay/where to eat" Feb 25

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 pm, October 12, 2012