We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beaches

ohio
Level Contributor
201 posts
Save Topic
Beaches

Which beach is better for teens?? The beach at the Ritz Carlton or the beach at the Surf and Sand Resort?? ( we will be vacationing at the end of July)

Manhattan Beach...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Redondo Beach, Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach
Level Contributor
20,841 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beaches

This is a hard question to answer. I've stayed at both, but couldn't pick one for you, because we didn't have kids with us. Both hotels are wonderful. The Ritz is very spacious and has a gorgeous big swimming pool. What I don't like is that the beach is far from the rooms, so we stayed at the pool.

I like the Surf and Sand, because the beach is right in front of you, easy to come and go off the sand. You could look out your balcony and see your teens on the beach here. I like to hear the sound of the waves at night. Liked going into Laguna in the evening.

Level Contributor
36,672 posts
907 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beaches

You may also want to check out the Montage Resort, they have an amazing pool area and it is just steps away from a beautiful beach, tidepools here, also. Check out the www.lagunabeach.com website for good rates. Enjoy your trip! :)

Mission Viejo...
Level Contributor
1,887 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beaches

My teen and his friends like the beach in front of Ritz Carlton, probably because the local bus route takes them there with no transfers.

FYI, Laguna Beach is artsy, with many botique shops and bistro-type restaurants. Lots of galleries, Pageant of the Masters (try to see that), and Sawdust Festival. RC, Montage, and St. Regis are near Dana Point...a suburban beach town with a strong surf and skate culture. There's a large marina, San Juan Capistrano Mission, the Marine Institute, and Wm. Henry Dana's tall ship. Doheny and Capistrano Beach are in the area too. All of this is in a 15 mile stretch of coastline so it's easy to get to if you have a car.

4. Re: Beaches

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:29 am, November 03, 2009