We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Radison Hotel

Chicago
Level Contributor
32 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Radison Hotel

Anyone stayed at the Radisson on Centinela Ave? We are looking for a room early July and have seen mix reviews on this hotel. Does it offer free breakfast?

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
15,783 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Radison Hotel

What has lead you to this hotel? I can't comment on how the hotel itself is, but its location isn't really an ideal one, for most tourist itineraries. You can probably do better. Give us an idea about your itinerary, if you'll have a car or not and your hotel budget, and we can probably recommend a better alternative for you.

Chicago
Level Contributor
32 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Radison Hotel

Mainly the location has led me to this hotel.

We will be traveling with my 19 year old daughter and her 20 year old boyfriend. While in CA we plan on seeing: Malibu, LA District, Rodeo Dr., Anaheim, Bakersfield, Mulholland Drive. We will rent a car and hotel budget approx. $100/night.

Any suggestions will be appreciated. :)

Mentioned in this post
Malibu
Malibu
California
Anaheim
Anaheim
Orange County, CA
Bakersfield
Bakersfield
California
Mulholland Drive
Mulholland Drive
765 Reviews
Beverly Hills, CA
Santa Monica...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Santa Monica, Mammoth Lakes
Level Contributor
30,131 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Radison Hotel

Terrible location, unless you like being near the airport and next to the freeway. It's easy access to the freeway, but nothing to walk to and no charm in the neighborhood at all. But if it's only $100/night, then you're ahead of the game because nothing is $100/night.

With that budget, you'll be hard pressed to find much of anything, LA is more expensive than other cities. If you're comfortable with hotwire.com, you might find something near $150/night.

West Hollywood...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
Level Contributor
32,536 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Radison Hotel

Yoga said it best. The Radisson is basically an "airport hotel" and our airport isn't very centrally located. I'm not sure what you mean by "the LA district" but our city is very spread out and when you add in the greater Los Angeles metro area (which includes, among other places, Beverly Hills, Santa Monica, Malibu, Burbank, and the outer southern suburban areas -- like Anaheim) you're describing an enormous area which is packed with traffic much of the time.

Here's a map of the areas of interest to visitors along with estimated transfer times:

…flickr.com/2695/4304287666_3f60e03695_o.jpg

If you plan to visit Anaheim for more than one day, then stay overnight there during that period. What specific attractions will you be visiting in L.A.? How many rooms/beds will you need?

Keep in mind that 14% hotel tax is added to all rooms as well as parking charges *which can range from free to $35 per night. Breakfast may or may not be included and will vary in quality and quality from hotel to hotel. I wouldn't choose a hotel because breakfast is included.

There may be a charge for wifi.

Mentioned in this post
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
California
Beverly Hills
Beverly Hills
California
Santa Monica
Santa Monica
California
Malibu
Malibu
California
Burbank
Burbank
California
Anaheim
Anaheim
Orange County, CA
Chicago
Level Contributor
32 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Radison Hotel

I just thought I would find a hotel somewhere centrally located to all the things we would like to do. Thank you for the head up on Culver City. Will look elsewhere.

Mentioned in this post
Culver City
Culver City
California
Chicago
Level Contributor
32 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Radison Hotel

Anyone know anything about El Segundo?

Mentioned in this post
El Segundo
El Segundo
California
Santa Monica...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Santa Monica, Mammoth Lakes
Level Contributor
30,131 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Radison Hotel

El Segundo is south of Los Angeles, and will add about 30 minutes to your drive. You were better off with that Radisson on Centinela.

Culver City is a great, central, location - it's just that the Radisson is not really in Culver City. I'm not sure why it's listed as such.

Mentioned in this post
El Segundo
El Segundo
California
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
California
Culver City
Culver City
California
Los Angeles
Level Contributor
15,783 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Radison Hotel

The Radisson is just outside of Culver City (I think Culver City starts north of the 405 there, the Radisson is just to the south) but its not near downtown Culver City in any case.

Is there a chance you can up your hotel budget? $100 is a good price for a hotel in the LA area, no doubt, but this is not a great location in terms of convenience. Nor is El Segundo.

Mentioned in this post
Culver City
Culver City
California
El Segundo
El Segundo
California
NoCal
Level Contributor
1,879 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Radison Hotel

I think the Radisson charges for parking. I saw a great rate, but parking increases it by a few dollars.

Chicago
Level Contributor
32 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Radison Hotel

What area would you suggest we stay in to make it convenient for the attractions we woulld like to do? I can up my budget to around 125/night. I had also thought about maybe a condo/townhouse/house. Any thoughts or ideas on that?