We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thessaloniki or one of the 3 Fingers

California
Level Contributor
93 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Thessaloniki or one of the 3 Fingers

Calling all experts!!!! My boyfriend and I will be flying into the Thessaloniki airport from the US for a return visit to Greece this June. Our trip will be focused on Crete, having already hit the more 'popular' islands and Athens on prior visits…..

We thought we would explore Thessaloniki after our long flight for a couple days and I have already booked what looks to be an interesting hotel called Daios Luxury Living right in the city of Thessaloniki….but now I am second guessing myself and wondering if we should visit the Kassandaria 'finger' and find a beach hotel???

We will be flying out of Thessaloniki again to Crete so I don't want to wander too far….so, should I stick with my original plan??? Or is Thessaloniki a fun place to be?

We are a mature, well traveled couple who love water, cafe's, shopping and people watching…what do you think??

Anxious for input ! :) Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Thessaloniki
Thessaloniki
Thessaloniki Region, Greece
Greece
Greece
Europe
Crete
Crete
Greece
Athens
Athens
Attica, Greece
Thessaloniki, Greece
Destination Expert
for Thessaloniki
Level Contributor
1,471 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Thessaloniki or one of the 3 Fingers

Hello,

I stayed at Daios last week and i can confirm that it's a great hotel!Perfect location,really nice rooms,big breakfast!With only 2 days i would stick to Thessaloniki!There are plenty of things to do to keep you busy!

Grigoris

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
5,146 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Thessaloniki or one of the 3 Fingers

agree,with such little time stay in thessaloniki and enjoy it,it has many options

things to do in thessaloniki here..

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g189473-i965-k44…

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Skopelos
Level Contributor
37,502 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Thessaloniki or one of the 3 Fingers

Hey and welcome Familytripciao:-) Couldn't agree more.. with only a few days, stick to Salonika.. it's got loads to offer and a fabulous City for cafes, shopping and people watching;-) Also note that May is a fabulous time but if considering the Halkidiki for beaching, the waters can still be on the chill side here being up North! You'll get plenty of that in Crete;-)

FWIW, the property you are staying at use to be the American Embassy in Salonika.. beautiful building.. right on the waterfront.. great choice;-) Have a blast.. Happy New Year.. and EnJOY!

Mentioned in this post
Halkidiki Region
Halkidiki Region
Central Macedonia, Greece
Crete
Crete
Greece
4. Re: Thessaloniki or one of the 3 Fingers

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, January 05, 2015