We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What's the better deal?

Edmonds, Washington
Level Contributor
721 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
What's the better deal?

We're not planning to rent a car. Trying to find the best deal from the airport to The Hotel Del Coronado.

Taxi -OR- The Hotel Del's private shuttle, which charges $11.00 per person from airport to The Del? There will be four adults so not sure if we can all squeeze in one taxi plus luggage.

Anyone know how much it will cost to take a taxi from Coronado to Convention Center?

Thanks.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
2,225 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What's the better deal?

It's about 10 miles from the airport (SAN) to Hotel Del. Taxi rates are $2.20 first 1/23 mile + $2.30 per mile, so around $26-28 plus tip. (you might also have to tip the hotel shuttle, so tip might be the same either way) You can call one of the taxi companies to see if the 4 of you and your luggage would fit. Here is one taxi company: 619/ 234-6161. Bottom Line, you will save some money if all four can go in one taxi, otherwise the Hotel's shuttle is better.

Edmonds, Washington
Level Contributor
721 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What's the better deal?

Great! I assumed the shuttle would save a few more $$, so just exploring our options. I'll give the taxi co. a call to confirm. Thanks!

ca
Level Contributor
56 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: What's the better deal?

If money is a big factor here -

You can take the 904 Coronado Shuttle Bus to the Ferry Landing and take the Ferry Across the Bay and walk to the Convention Center - depending on the times you are going.

You can also take the 901 Bus from Orange Ave across from the DEL to Dowtown San Diego and get off on Broadway near the Amtrak station and then walk through Seaport Village to the Convention Center.

You can also arrange for a Water Taxi from the Coronado Ferry Landing directly to the Convention Center.

"Coronado Island Marriott Resort Water Taxi 1011 Orange Avenue, Coronado, CA 92118, 619-435-3000, This daily water taxi departs every half hour on the half hour from the Marriott Resort dock. It also departs every half hour, at a quarter after and a quarter till the hour, from the San Diego Marriott Hotel and Marina"

I would imagine a cab from Coronado to the Convention Center would be approx $16 + tip. The local Coronado Cab is 619-435-6211. They queue up at the Hotel Del - I think that is where you are staying?

The conceirge at the Del can help you with all of this info.

The Coronado Livery is like a local Super Shuttle -

Coronado Livery 1988 First Street, Coronado, CA 92118, 619-435-6310, Provides shuttle service to and from the San Diego Airport

If I were you - I would just queue up at the Airport for a Taxi that is Van size and pay the fare. It should not be more than $30\35 + tip. Coronado Cab is NOT allowed to pick-up from the airport- just drop off.

Edmonds, Washington
Level Contributor
721 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What's the better deal?

Thanks again, nadocat, you are more than helpful!! Yes, we are staying at The Del and can't wait to get there! : ^)

5. Re: What's the better deal?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 pm, August 16, 2009