We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Del room selection need advise.

Tucson AZ
Level Contributor
112 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel Del room selection need advise.

We are considering booking the Hotel Del for next year (when all the renovations I hope are complete). We are considering booking the Resort Full Oceanfront and using our points. I need some suggestions on our requests for location. I have heard some horrible comments on "thin walls" Which is the newer part of the resort that doesnt have these "thin walls". Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank you.

San Diego, Ca
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel Del room selection need advise.

We just got back from a long weeknd there.

We did not have an ocean view but rather a garden patio on ground level with a picket fence over looking the garden. Room 3114. In the old section... I would definitely recommend the old section.... it is the feeling of the Del... if you stay in the new towers, it is no different than any other hotel. It was not loud and we LOVED it... pricey but fabulous!

Tucson AZ
Level Contributor
112 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel Del room selection need advise.

Thank you BJBarb for your reply. I am glad you loved your stay at the Del. I will take your advise into consideration. It will save $$. Its not cheap to stay at the Del.

New York
Level Contributor
174 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel Del room selection need advise.

I also stayed in the old section last year with a garden view room. The little courtyard is very pretty. There are also oceanview rooms in the old section. I just found it to be more charming with the old elevator (one of the oldest in the country) and you really got a feel for the history of the hotel. I'm sure the towers are stunning inside, but if you're going to spend the money, I'd recommend staying in the Victorian building, plus you are more in the middle of everything.

new jersey
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel Del room selection need advise.

Hi Miny bear,

We too are thinking about going to the Del. You mentioned that you are going to upgrade with points. What hotel points does the Del accept? Starwood,?

Thanks for your help.

Level Contributor
35,228 posts
899 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel Del room selection need advise.

We stayed 3 nights at the Del this past December, also in the Victorian Section with a view of the inner courtyard gardens and gazebo. We loved the charm of the Victorian section, we had no problem with "thin walls" during our stay there.

The resort was wonderful, we enjoyed the pool area, my husband had a massage at the spa and we also dined at their restaurants, the Sheerwater and 1500 Ocean. We will definitely return to the Del our next visit to San Diego. Have fun! :)

6. Re: Hotel Del room selection need advise.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:28 am, August 30, 2009