We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Recent Del reviews

Level Contributor
9 posts
43 reviews
Save Topic
Recent Del reviews

We are headed to the Del next week and the recent reviews have me in a panic. Has anyone heard that it has really "seen its day" and has been dirty? I understand it is an old hotel, but that shouldn't equal dirty. Any suggestions on the Victorian building versus the ocean towers?

arizona
Level Contributor
6 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Recent Del reviews

I have not stayed at the "Del" I stay at the Glorietta, but that being said..i have toured the Del a couple of times and it's FINE, you will never get a 100% review for any hotel. It is old and has a lot of character. Some people freak when they see a hair on their pillow!..relax and enjoy.

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
60,215 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Recent Del reviews

Out of the first 20 reviews there are about 3 that are really negative and others that say it is quite expensive(true!) and not necessarily worth the money. Only you can decide if you want to spend the money to stay there but I wouldn't be worried about the few reviews that just didn't like it at all. It is certainly a lovely location and if it is on your bucket list then there's only one way to decide------

Make up your own mind.

Quebec City, Canada
Level Contributor
1 post
72 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Recent Del reviews

It's very clean. My room was impeccable. I hope this is reassuring .

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
51,878 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Recent Del reviews

Edited: 9:39 pm, August 15, 2013
5. Re: Recent Del reviews

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:16 am, August 19, 2014