We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

San Diego to Coronado

Maryland
Level Contributor
38 posts
Save Topic
San Diego to Coronado

I'm staying at the Manchester Grand Hyatt in March. I'm not sure where that is in relationship to Coronado Beach...could someone please tell me how I would get to Coronado Beach (ferry, bus, etc) and how long it would take?

MN
Level Contributor
84 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: San Diego to Coronado

I am in the same boat but I believe you can drive over the bridge for free or a small fee and you can also take a ferry for a few bucks. The ferry is about a half an hour I think. Hope this helps!

los angeles, ca
Level Contributor
2,689 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: San Diego to Coronado

You can see Coronado Island from your hotel, it's just across. You can take a ferry from where you are staying across the bay. Or you can drive there, very close, just over the Coronado Island Bridge.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
585 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: San Diego to Coronado

There is a pedestrian ferry near your hotel to Coronado. It takes about ten mins to cross the bay and costs $2.00. There is also a water taxi, which costs a lot more.

From the Ferry Landing on Coronado it is about a mile and half to the beach, which is on the other side of the Island. You can rent bikes right at the Ferry landing to ride to the beach, which is the easiest (and most Californian) way to get there.

http://www.sdhe.com/san-diego-bay-ferry.html

You can drive across the bay on the Coronado Bridge. There is no longer any toll on this bridge, although the toll booths are still there. From your hotel it would be at most a 15 min drive to Coronado beach.

You can take the Old Town Trolley. This actually isn't a trolley it is just a bus, but it is a service which stops at many of the popular tourist areas in San Diego. (It is unrelated to the regular San Diego Trolley, which does not go to Coronado) It stops in downtown San Diego, as well as Coronado, Old Town, Balboa Park and the Zoo.

shophta.com/acb/stores/15/product1.asp…