We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Central hotel for my newly widowed friend and her boys

Beverley, United...
Level Contributor
148 posts
93 reviews
Save Topic
Central hotel for my newly widowed friend and her boys

Hope people can help me wth this one! My friend has just lost her husband and is planning a holiday with her 2 sons (25 and 21). They would like to stay in San Diego or Coronado but don't want to drive. They want a hotel with things going on/pools/restaurants etc. We have been to San Diego lots of times (and going again this summer) but we always rent a car so it doesn't matter where we stay because we aren't reliant on public transport. They want to be there for 7 or 8 nights inluding the 4th July. Please help!!

Newbury Park...
Level Contributor
3,358 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Central hotel for my newly widowed friend and her boys

What is their budget?

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
61,246 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Central hotel for my newly widowed friend and her boys

Coronado might not be the best place to be with no car but it IS possible to get into San Diego proper by passenger ferry,water taxi,bus or the hop on hop off tour bus.

Does your friend have budget concerns?

The big beach resort, the Hotel Del Coronado is quite expensive ,especially in summer.

There's also the Coronado Marriott.

I think staying in downtown San Diego or perhaps at the north end of our Pacific Beach neighborhood might provide more value,and easier transport for her.

Let us know about budget as summer is a high priced time.

3. Re: Central hotel for my newly widowed friend and her boys

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:17 pm, October 20, 2009