We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Neighborhood next to Holiday Inn Express @ Clovis

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
5 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Neighborhood next to Holiday Inn Express @ Clovis

Just wondering if the neighborhood around the Holiday Inn Express at Clovis is clean and safe. We want to stay at a hotel with a pool and solid reviews. We have narrowed it to the Holiday Inn express or the Homewood Suites, for late June.

Mentioned in this post
Clovis
Clovis
California
5 replies to this topic
San Francisco, Ca
Level Contributor
19,368 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Neighborhood next to Holiday Inn Express @ Clovis

Hopefully someone who knows the area first-hand will reply. If not, you can look at Street View on Google Maps to get an idea. It looks like a fairly clean commercial area with strip malls, fast food chains, etc. There didn't appear to be any obvious graffiti, abandoned buildings, boarded up liquor stores or other warning signs. It does look like a major street, though, with tractor-trailers and other heavy traffic.

Fresno, California
Level Contributor
1,782 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Neighborhood next to Holiday Inn Express @ Clovis

That hotel is about a 1/4 to 1/2 mile from the Fresno State campus and is used often by those doing business at the campus. It is also only about 3 years old.

Overall the area is fine although it is located along one of the busiest streets in the region as Susan mentioned. So the hotel faces commercial stores as well as to the west of the building. But immediately behind the property is a mobile home park which appears to have a lot of retirees.

Reviews on Tripadvisor are good

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g32225-d1214694…

Mentioned in this post
Fresno
Fresno
California
San Jose, California
Level Contributor
43 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Neighborhood next to Holiday Inn Express @ Clovis

I've stayed at the Holiday Inn Express multiple times and love it! The neighborhood is safe and I've walked next door to the Fresh and Easy Market down the street for items. Parking lot itself is well lite too. As FresnoFacts says there is a mobile home park behind the hotel, but very quiet. During the day construction is finishing up on a car wash across the street, but never hear any noise from them.

The Homewood is nice as well with it being right behind the mall, but go further down Clovis Avenue and it's a little more run down and industrial since it's getting closer to the airport. I would recommend the Holiday Inn Express :)

Mentioned in this post
Clovis
Clovis
California
Fresno, California
Level Contributor
5 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Neighborhood next to Holiday Inn Express @ Clovis

im sorry i just saw this.....hopefully you had a good experience....clovis in general is very safe...i live about a mile east of there.....Tarpey Village. If you ever come back to visit, i recommend Me N Eds Pizzeria across the street on Shaw......the Fresh and Easy market mentioned previously is no longer there but you do have a Walmart at Peach and Shaw....

Fresno State is down the street.....the hotel should be very nice since it is not that old....under 10yrs i believe....fast food all over the place.....i do recommend JUS JOS near Shaw and WIllow about two blocks away.....tis a mom and pop eatery , excellent breakfasts ande lunch...very reasonable..of course there are the Dennys and McDonalds up and down shaw as well.......come back and enjoy

Mentioned in this post
Fresno
Fresno
California
San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
56,197 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Neighborhood next to Holiday Inn Express @ Clovis