We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nursing spots, etc. in Carmel Ocean ave

Which Carmel hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
San Jose, California
Level Contributor
27 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Nursing spots, etc. in Carmel Ocean ave

I am a new mom and looking for nursing rooms on ocean ave, carmel. How about restaurants, shopping complex in the area? any dedicated mother's room or family room there?

Thanks in advance!!

Santa Cruz...
Destination Expert
for Santa Cruz
Level Contributor
31,950 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nursing spots, etc. in Carmel Ocean ave

Do you need a special room? As you know, California is pretty liberal. I have seen many mothers nursing in public locations. Some of them use a pashima or something to shield the activity (and their breast) from the public eye. I think as long as you are somewhat discreet, you won't have a problem.

Perhaps Carmel has different sensibilities, but I would be very surprised. Let's see what the natives say. :~)

Monterey Peninsula...
Level Contributor
2,338 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Nursing spots, etc. in Carmel Ocean ave

This Carmel native has never heard of any special places for this purpose. I would say whatever mothers do in San Jose is probably acceptable in Carmel.

-Mr. Toy

www.montereypeninsula.info

Central Ca.
Level Contributor
1,105 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nursing spots, etc. in Carmel Ocean ave

Your hotel room? Your car?

Pacific Grove...
Level Contributor
872 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Nursing spots, etc. in Carmel Ocean ave

new moms find it difficult to nurse in public. And I know sometimes the baby requires no distractions as well. Picking a quiet road near a beach in a car works. if you are having a second, it will be easier nursing in public.Il Fornaio in Carmel has a separate party room that I am sure if not in use they would not mind you using. There are several quiet courtyard gardens in Carmel that would afford privacy, such as in front of the Carmel Art Association down the street from the post office, or the beautiful garden at the church of the Wayfarer

5. Re: Nursing spots, etc. in Carmel Ocean ave

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, June 04, 2015