We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

We want a little Napa, a little Big Sur

Which Carmel hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
7 posts
Save Topic
We want a little Napa, a little Big Sur

We have five days in May and want very much to see both Napa and drive down through Big Sur. Our thought is to fly into Sacramento-rent a car (one way), spend a couple of nights in Napa and then head to Big Sur and fly out of San Luis Obispo.

What do you experts in the area think? We are non-reving so the airport we actually fly into will depend on the loads at the time, so that is very flexible. What I am really wanting to know is this a realistic plan for a five day driving trip? Thank you for any suggestions or ideas. I cant wait to see this beautiful area.

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
44,687 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: We want a little Napa, a little Big Sur

One post in the CA forum would have helped instead of multiple posts in different forums. Please check answers in the Big Sur forum

7 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: We want a little Napa, a little Big Sur

Well, I did not know that would have harmed. I asked the question in both forums of the area I was asking about. Made sense to me. Please forgive. Thank you.

Grover Beach...
Destination Expert
for Pismo Beach, Cambria, Big Sur
Level Contributor
18,706 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: We want a little Napa, a little Big Sur

Actually... you asked in the Big Sur and Carmel forums.... 2 areas that are 45 minutes apart from each other.... not the Napa forums, but no worries. It's all good. We're still here to help.

4. Re: We want a little Napa, a little Big Sur

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, February 03, 2014