We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

bike rental in Carmel

Which Carmel hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
7 posts
48 reviews
Save Topic
bike rental in Carmel

Is there a local bike rental in the town of Carmel? I googled but found the nearest one is in Monterey... I plan to bike the 17-mile drive and wonder if the entry from San Antonic Ave to Carmel Way is a accessable by bike. The other entry seems to require to bike on Hwy.

thanks!

Pacific Grove...
Level Contributor
868 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: bike rental in Carmel

I have not seen nor heard of one in Carmel. But if you rent in Monterey, all you do is take the rec trail from Monterey all the way to 17 mile drive. It does go along Sunset for a bit, which does have wide roads, slow traffic and good bike lanes. I do not know about the exit from 17 mile drive to Carmel, but there are roads that go from Pebble beach to Carmel, without getting on the Hwy. I guess the Hwy is a shortcut to some.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
7 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: bike rental in Carmel

Thanks a lot!

Pacific Grove...
Destination Expert
for Monterey, Carmel, Pacific Grove, Monterey County
Level Contributor
5,363 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: bike rental in Carmel

The gate that would probably work best for you is the Pacific Grove gate, which is at Sunset Dr. and 17-Mile-Dr. You can either ride all the way from the rental place to the gate, or if you have a bike rack on your car, it's easy to park on 17-Mile Dr. (the Pacific Grove portion of it, that is) and then ride in through the gate. Have fun!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
7 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: bike rental in Carmel

Thanks! Any bike rental place to recommend? I found one called Aquarian Bicycles, about 3 miles from the entrance of 17-mile drive, which sounds close.

Pacific Grove...
Destination Expert
for Monterey, Carmel, Pacific Grove, Monterey County
Level Contributor
5,363 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: bike rental in Carmel

Actually, Aquarian is a long way from Pebble Beach and you'd have to ride on a lot of busy streets. Try this link:http://www.pacificgrove.org/dirpages/biking.htm

Winning Wheels would be the closest for you, but I'm not sure if they rent or only sell. The other two are in the Cannery Row vicinity--both closer to Pebble Beach than Aquarius. Good luck!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
7 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: bike rental in Carmel

Thanks for the info! Yes, you are right, Winning Wheels does not do rental, but the other two both do and I have reserved online.