We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

family-friendly hotels

Which Carmel hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
menlo park, CA
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Topic
family-friendly hotels

Could any experienced family travellers recommend any hotels between Carmel/Big Sur area that welcome and accommodate family with babies? Any places with a kitchen?

Thanks so much!

Pacific Grove...
Destination Expert
for Monterey, Carmel, Pacific Grove, Monterey County
Level Contributor
5,363 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: family-friendly hotels

If you mean literally between Carmel and Big Sur, you won't find much. But if you mean either in the Carmel area or in Big Sur, there are plenty. If you're staying on the Monterey Peninsula, there are a some nice cottage-type places in Pacific Grove: The Andril Fireplace Cottages and Bide-a-Wee Inn are two. Both these places have kitchens and they are set in a very nice area with lots of tress and close to the ocean. I'm not as familiar with Big Sur, but my impression is that your choices there are either motels or very upscale, very expensive resorts such as Post Ranch. Perhaps someone else will have an idea.

Santa Cruz...
Destination Expert
for Santa Cruz
Level Contributor
31,857 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: family-friendly hotels

I agree that the two places mentioned above would be good. A caution, though, if you want a kitchen book soon. Bide a Wee, for example also has rooms without.