We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

one night/day in carmel

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
100 posts
1 review
Save Topic
one night/day in carmel

I will be staying for one night en route to San fran with my gf. would like to stay somewhere nice, near the beach but also walking distance to town. Price not a big deal cause its only one night. We are 22 years old, like to have fun but also just want to relax..maybe go wine tasting during the day and go somewhere kind of fun at night ... maybe a piano bar or something like that if there is one in Carmel. Anyone have any lodging/food/wine/entertainment suggestions!?!

Norman, OK
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: one night/day in carmel

We have been visiting Carmel since 1972; stayed several places, but @ The WAYSIDE INN since 1979--it is by far the best place to stay. For dinner I would suggest the Flying Fish Grill (half block from the Inn).

For wine tasting chech with the Carmel Chamber of Commerce--they'll have lots of info and they are only 2 1/2 blks from the Wayside. Have a great time--for us Carmel is the only place in America to do what you want to do.

Level Contributor
35,461 posts
899 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: one night/day in carmel

Flying Fish Grill is good. We like the La Playa Hotel in Carmel. Bouchee is also very good for a nice meal as is Little Napoli and Casanova.

Have fun in Carmel! :)

Pacific Grove...
Destination Expert
for Monterey, Carmel, Pacific Grove, Monterey County
Level Contributor
5,374 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: one night/day in carmel

For Carmel Valley wine tasting ideas, see mtycounty.com/pgs-wine/car-valley-wine.html